You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I add a new photo AP.  I go to Color, Swatches,, and Add Document Palette, nothing happens.  Am I wrong to suggest the colors from the open photo would be added as swatches? If wrong, how can you obtain photo colors to add to swatches, other then color picker one by one.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

24 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Am I wrong to suggest the colors from the open photo would be added as swatches?

Yes.

24 minutes ago, Cecil said:

If wrong, how can you obtain photo colors to add to swatches, other then color picker one by one.

You cannot.

Importing Palettes feature is the missing part of the puzzle. Given similarities in Destop and iPad versions it’s likely that all that is missing is the ui access. Come on Serif, please add this feature.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

11 hours ago, DM1 said:

You cannot

Then a bug, as the option is is displayed on my iPad to add Application or Document.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

• Staff

Hi Cecil,

My apologies, I believe there is some confusion here. Document palettes are Swatch palettes which are specific to that document only. This allows you to save a 'Document Palette' with your file, which can then be accessed on any system where you open your .afphoto file.

Application palettes are saved application wide, meaning they're accessible in any document on your specific device - these aren't saved with documents and will not be found when opening your file on another platform.

The functionality you're looking for, 'Create palette from image' is unfortunately not supported on the iPad at this time, my apologies.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

15 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi Cecil,

My apologies, I believe there is some confusion here. Document palettes are Swatch palettes which are specific to that document only. This allows you to save a 'Document Palette' with your file, which can then be accessed on any system where you open your .afphoto file.

Application palettes are saved application wide, meaning they're accessible in any document on your specific device - these aren't saved with documents and will not be found when opening your file on another platform.

The functionality you're looking for, 'Create palette from image' is unfortunately not supported on the iPad at this time, my apologies.

Why is the option(s) available on iPad?  I will post screen shot I just took.  What do they do?  Nothing that I can figure out.

EC1487A8-CBAF-4AF4-960B-1B7A830E007B.jpeg

Cecil 

• Staff

What option are you referring to please? I have explained the 2 'Add palette' options in my post above so I'm unsure what you're looking for clarification on.

It may help to check out the following tutorial, although made for Designer the same can be applied to Photo - 

https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/273644041/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

14 minutes ago, Dan C said:

What option are you referring to please? I have explained the 2 'Add palette' options in my post above so I'm unsure what you're looking for clarification on.

It may help to check out the following tutorial, although made for Designer the same can be applied to Photo - 

https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/273644041/

I had a dream  that one could simply load the photo image color Palette as either Application/Document to the swatches, without the mundane need to manually select each color.  In other words, analyze the colors in photo and add the colors to the swatch.  My dream, my fault. 

Cecil 

• 1 year later...