You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD 1.8.2.0 BETA] Divide produces too many curves

Hey,

Doing some quick testing of the recently released Beta (1.8.2) I can confirm that it does fix the issues of the Release version regarding Boolean Operations and Expand Stroke, which now seem to work very well. Nice!

One issue that persists though, has to do with the Divide operation, which in certain circumstances creates too many curves.

Attached is a file that demonstrates the problem.

image.thumb.png.eac55e1ffd19eb1ad04fd09854bdb4f1.png

Thanks for the update @MattP!

divide-issue_1-8-2.afdesign

2 hours ago, leshido said:

One issue that persists though, has to do with the Divide operation, which in certain circumstances creates too many curves.

Yes, it’s an oldie but a goodie!
I too posted about this earlier.
My dived operation gave me 248 unwanted extra curves!

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

5 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm sorry about this being a problem, but I still haven't addressed the divide operation, so I'm not expecting it to have improved - it's a different code path and needs looking at properly.

Maybe you could include what's still pending on the list of Fixes, when you release a new Beta. That way we can narrow our testings and help you squash those little bugs. :)

Best regards!

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

Best guess is that would be several window-heights long, particularly for those who browse the site on mobile...

Maybe some kind of summary or link to the specific thread of the solved issue.

Best regards!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.