geibi

Move selection with space bar

Yes, I miss this.  I also miss the PS behaviour where holding down the opt key uses the starting point as the centre of the selection rather than the corner. 

Actually in photoshop you create a selection and you can move it with the move tool....

The move tool in Affinity only moves objects but I would like to move selection also...

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

@velarde: this is a also a good point and you should open a new feature request thread, so that each request stands on its own and the requests are easier to follow by the Affinity team.

velarde,

In PS you can also move the selection while it is being made.  For example, when I want to accurately select a circular area I use the elliptical marque as follows:

1. Click in the centre of the area you want to select and drag out
  2. Keep the mouse button pressed,
  3. Press and hold option and the centre of the selection jumps to the place you originally clicked,
  4. Press and hold shift and the selection is constrained to a circle,
  5. Without releasing the mouse button press the space bar and now mouse movements move the whole selection without changing its size.

Is it possible to add control points to the selection as other objects have when selected? This way the selection can be easily moved, resized -- just as an object.

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Is it possible to add control points to the selection as other objects have when selected? This way the selection can be easily moved, resized -- just as an object.

I would also like this...

In my haste i thought I couldn't move selections, but now  I see I can move a selection by having the selection tool still selected. The cursor changes depending if I"m over the selection. I can move it that way... (But the move tool is only for layers.)

Also playing around a little more and agree with you about resizing selections. The way to do it is with the transform panel (a little clumsy if you ask me) typing numbers.

I also would like to have control points on selection so I can resize them  interactively.

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Almost two years and half after the first post and this is not done yet.

This feature is mandatory for me. As a web integrator I often need to select round object in order to find their size and the coordinates of the top left corner. Without this it require to select twice.

32 minutes ago, Bokan said:

Almost two years and half after the first post and this is not done yet.

This feature is mandatory for me. As a web integrator I often need to select round object in order to find their size and the coordinates of the top left corner. Without this it require to select twice.

Hi Bokan,

please try this:

• On a pixel layer make a selection with the marquee tool.
  • Press 'Q' to switch to the ruby overlay mode.
  • Then hit 'V' for the move tool. You now can transform the selection in many ways (even skew and rotate) and the 'Info' panel and the 'Transform' panel give you a readout of the exact position and size of the selection.
  • Once finished hit again 'Q' and then 'M' and you are back to the selection.

I hope this helps :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.464)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 (beta 1.7.2.458)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.7   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil