You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when loading specific file

Just worked on a book file with many illustrations. Publisher worked fine until I copied a text part from an older version of the Publisher file into the present file. For this I had two windows open where I copy/pasted the text into the new file. However, after pasting, Publisher crashed. Opening it again will automatically load the file (where I pasted the text from the other file) and Publisher soon after crashes again. I opened it now and closed quickly and Publisher seems to be stable. If I open the file where I pasted text it crashes again. Have restarted my computer, no change. Have reinstalled publisher, no change. It seems this file is corrupted but I have no idea, why, since the text copied and pasted was from a Publisher file. It is exceedingly irritating since I was working many hours on the file.

Anybody with a similar experience, maybe even with a fix?

Regards Urs

Good afternoon, something similar is happening to me. Since I upgraded to 1.8.1 (earlier today) I cannot complete a task without the program closing. In general, when the crash occurs, I am using the command to place pdf files on pages of the document. The text that the computer generated and that was sent to Apple it's attached.

affinityPublisher-crash report.txt

I somehow managed to fix the issue. I created an automatic numbering of my Figures (list numbering) before the crashing. When I removed the related list paragraphs, I could work again with the document (but had to manually number my Figures again). It seems Publisher is not that stable with complex documents.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi both,

Sorry for the delayed reply. We are still catching up with the Publisher tickets and we've had an influx of new customers since we went into lockdown.

Can you still replicate this in the latest version?