You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update 1.8 from the App Store not working

I have tried several times to update bother Affinity Designer and Affinity photo from the App store as the updates are sitting there waiting for me. I click update and after a while nothing happens and it goes back to saying 2 Updates available.  I am using a Mac and have Catalina installed. 10.15.3   I can get the Publisher update as I bought it through your website, but the other 2 I purchased through the app store so the download is not available on my account page.

Thanks

Same problem, except that it does not even show the "Update" menu, only "OPEN"... I followed earlier suggestions, logged out, closed the app, logged in again, a couple of times, with no effect. The update does not show under the 'Updates' tab, either.

I start Affinity Photo that I bought and receive a message that a new update is available. I click on the download and the download starts no problem. But when I want to run it the wizard starts, then crashes and I have installation failure So I cannot have version 1.8.0. My PC (Windows 10) cannot install it. even by deactivating the anti virus What should I do? How to get the update?
thank you
Anne Boutarin

Alirat:   ARRGGGHHHH !!

THANKS, solved the problem!  Albeit, a very much "Windows" kind of solution, almost never seen on my Mac's ...

[35 years of Mac...I was at the 1984 National Computer Conference in Anaheim, when Apple released the Mac, and Steve gave out 20,000 tickets to Disneyland for the evening!  And, what made it even better, I was hanging with the Motorola technical and sales people responsible for the M68000 family, which was the CPU in the first several generations of Macs 🙂]

Edited by Der Karhu
added another bit of text