It's great news that Affiinity is receiving greater visibility  and popularity.  Purchasing your software has given me a greater sense of freedom and I thank you for that.  Since you've now moved towards the iPad platform, will you also be working towards developing your software on Android?  If so, do you have a projected timeline?  I do most of my work from PC but when traveling I'm always on my Android.  Hope to hear good news!

Thank you.

7 hours ago, dbryant08 said:

It's great news that Affiinity is receiving greater visibility  and popularity.  Purchasing your software has given me a greater sense of freedom and I thank you for that.  Since you've now moved towards the iPad platform, will you also be working towards developing your software on Android?  If so, do you have a projected timeline?  I do most of my work from PC but when traveling I'm always on my Android.  Hope to hear good news!

Thank you.

The very diverse nature of Android hardware and software infrastructure would make testing of such a complex software nigh on impossible. Personally I can’t see it ever making it to Android.

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

16 hours ago, dbryant08 said:

Since you've now moved towards the iPad platform, will you also be working towards developing your software on Android? 

Mods have previously stated that no android version will be provided. Do yourself a favour and buy an iPad. 😁👌

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 13.4   Affinity Photo 1.8.3 .180   Affinity Design 1.8.3.2 Publisher for iPad (2020?)

Surely, if Serif are touting Affinity as an Adobe replacement, an Android version would be sensible as Adobe have apps for Android?

21 hours ago, Kat Reed said:

Surely, if Serif are touting Affinity as an Adobe replacement, an Android version would be sensible as Adobe have apps for Android?

But the Adobe apps for the iPad are cut down apps in comparison to Affinity which is desktop class and performance on iPad. Android can’t at the moment deliver such performance.

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

I'd buy an Android version. Androids market share is also way way WAY bigger than Apple's. So from a business viewpoint creating the apps for Android would be a good thing.

Same goes for my Huawei tablet. It's equal to the iPad Pro 11 inch. It can run anything without any issues. So Affinity Designer shouldn't be any issue at all.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:20 AM, Martin_1 said:

Androids market share is also way way WAY bigger than Apple's. So from a business viewpoint creating the apps for Android would be a good thing.

Not in tablets. 

1 hour ago, Martin_1 said:

Same goes for my Huawei tablet. It's equal to the iPad Pro 11 inch. It can run anything without any issues. So Affinity Designer shouldn't be any issue at all.

Two things that is problematic on Android platform: Pirecy and fragmentation...

So, the chance to see Serif Labs release version of Photo/Designer/Publisher is almost zero...

Just like @DM1 said, buy yourself a real tablet (iPad Pro) if you wish to run Pro software on a tablet...