You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to load photos

Fianna

• Staff

Hi Fianna,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm for me:

• What camera do your RAW files originate from?
  • What location are you opening your RAW files from? (ie locally, iCloud, Photos?)
  • Does this happen with any RAW file, or only specific ones?

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi,

I have a Nikon D90, 

i pull the pictures from photo albums on the iPad, and it seems to be happening with all RAW files. 

and I have been editing this batch of pictures since I got Affinity. And even photos I’d worked on before can’t be opened in their RAW form. 

And iOS and the app are up to date.i 

1 hour ago, Fianna said:

if it’s been fixed then why am I still having problems?

Are you running on the latest beta (1.8.2.172)?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, Fianna said:

how would I get a beta version? That’s not an option in the App Store

You need to apply for access. Details here:

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, walt.farrell said:

You need to apply for access. Details here:

I still haven’t heard anything back from the beta test people and I still can’t use my app. I’ve paid for this app, I expect to be able to use it or at least get an answer!

26 minutes ago, Fianna said:

expect to be able to use it or at least get an answer!

Gabe (Moderator) responded with the answer on 5th post in this thread (2 days after you supplied details to Dans request for more details. Pretty quick response. Once the mods respond with an answer they may not return to thread.

Andys posted link for beta signup is now 2 yrs old and TestFlight limits the number of beta testers. Probably already at limit but I agree it would be nice to know that.

So,  in summary: It’s a bug. It’s been fixed in beta and the fix will show up in public release shortly. Affinity, unfortunately, tend to address multiple bugs in each release (not post updates for individual bug fixes ). This means we all have to wait patiently till a release is posted. Hopefully the wait will be worth it. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

8 hours ago, DM1 said:

Once the mods respond with an answer they may not return to thread.

If you look at who's following this topic, you'll find both of the moderators (Dan C and Gabe) who have been involved. They'll be aware of the continuing discussion, but are both probably busy dealing with other bug reports.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the app Fianna, unfortunately any refund process must be done directly with Apple, as we have no control over purchases made on the App Store.

In regards to the issue in question here, I can confirm this fix has been made live with the latest updates 1.8.2 which have been released to the iPad App Stores today. Please be patient, as it can take 24-48 hours for these updates to show, depending on your region.

In the unlikely event that you have further issues with this latest update, please create a new thread in the bugs section of our forums, so that our QA team can investigate each issue separately.

I hope this helps.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem:

- What camera do your RAW files originate from? —> Sony alpha 7 iii, photos raw + jpg imported via sdcard

- affinity photo 1.8.3 (latest version)

- ipad 2019

What location are you opening your RAW files from? —> photo

- the bug is systematic

best regards

Nicolas

Im having the same problem.  I reinstalled from the App Store and I can’t import it having tried several methods of adding raw files.    I’m using .RW2 files from my Panasonic G9. I’m using the 2019 iPad mini. I also have the desktop version and the files work fine there.

Still failing to open.

Strange.  Other files (from the same day) from same camera opened fine.  Must be something with a handful of recent files, but can’t see what the variable would be. Example video of 2 files (success / error) provided.

Edited by Wutsnsash