You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer on IPad (Boolean Crash)

Stacy

Hi there,

been experiencing system crashes since the start of the year. Thinking it was an iPad issue I factory reset my system etc. However very often when I’m using Affinity designer on my iPad it freezes or crashes. This especially evident when I try to combine or subtract vector shapes. The app just closes whenever I try to edit a shape this way and whatever I had been working on just before is lost. Any guidance regarding would be very much appreciated.

Hi Stacy, are these large files, lots of layers? Any particular shapes triggering the issue? Which model iPad? Which version of affinity? Which version of iOS? Have you previously saved a copy of the file? Are you able to upload a file that exhibits the issue? An analytics crash report might help devs too.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

I have the same problem since yesterday. Every time I try to “add” it crashes immediately. 
I had just 4 layers and no it was not a big file. 
The issue happens with any shapes. 
I have ipad pro 11 inches (2019)
I have 1.8.0 version of Affinity designer and 13.3.1 version of ios

I lost one of my unsaved works because of the issue.

I did not add any file to that document.

I attached the screen recording.

• Staff

Hi Eda Gizem,

Thank you for the video demonstration - the crash you're reporting is already with development to be fixed. It is occurring because the Layer and Group objects do not support boolean operations. If you remove the three objects from the group and just select the curve objects it should work! I have passed your video on to development and bumped the issue however.