You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer, locked layer selection problem

Ivan_M

Designer 1.8.0.585, Win 10

Then I locked one layer and work with unlocked objects on the other layers I can frequently select objects in locked layer as well. It happens then I use marquee selection with Move Tool. Sometimes, then I try to drag them, selection disappears but sometimes I can effectively change position of locked objects. This issue is completely sporadic and never appears on earlier versions. I can easily reproduce this issue by frequently making marquee selection(in new, clear document).

Situation strongly resembles this topic in Beta forum.

• Staff

Hi Ivan_M,

Thanks for letting us know - it appears to happen when the first object touched by the marquee is in the locked layer. Could you confirm that is what happens in the cases that you can reproduce? If a non-locked layer/object is hit first then it ignores the locked layer. 

If your steps are different would you be able to list them, along with a video if possible please?

Thanks!

On 3/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Ivan_M,

Thanks for letting us know - it appears to happen when the first object touched by the marquee is in the locked layer. Could you confirm that is what happens in the cases that you can reproduce? If a non-locked layer/object is hit first then it ignores the locked layer. 

If your steps are different would you be able to list them, along with a video if possible please?

Thanks!

No, it appears in both ways - locked layer touched first or unlocked layer first. I create a simple document with two piles of objects on right and left side of the artboard and start making marquee selection from left and right. Sometimes it can work without issues for minutes, but overall, in my case I guess changing locks on layers accelerate appearance of the issue.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Able to select Locked Layers using Marquee Selection) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon