You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purple boundary assistant not vanishing after selection

HowA

Hi,

Is there someone facing the same issues that I'm? Look the image, as you can see when editing a document the purple paint appears to help when editing the shapes and other objects. In my case the purple paint is not erasing itself out. This problem started to happen after I've installed the DisplayFusion software, does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue without a complete reinstall? I've done it but had no success.

Sea Plane by Peter Greenwood

Error Affinity Designer.jpg

In your screenshot I see a large square (or diamond-shaped) purple frame (usually showing Snapping Candidates), and two purple paint strokes in the image itself.

As you mentioned "purple paint" it sounds like you're talking about the paint strokes in the image, but I've never seen anything like that from Affinity.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

59 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

In your screenshot I see a large square (or diamond-shaped) purple frame (usually showing Snapping Candidates), and two purple paint strokes in the image itself.

As you mentioned "purple paint" it sounds like you're talking about the paint strokes in the image, but I've never seen anything like that from Affinity.

Sorry, I expressed myself in the wrong way, the purple boundary is the snapping candidates showing when selection shapes right? If so, that's my problem, the snapping candidate boundary appears in my programa but it doesn's disappear.

I tried it now, when disabling the snapping feature the purple boundary vanishes, but as soon as I reactive it again the bug starts to manifest again, as you can see in the image the snapping candidates purple boundary doesn't fade out when selecting multiple objects. The boundaires appear when I toggle the snapping feature.

2020-02-29_15-45-06.gif

snapping candidate not disappearing.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. That should help with the diagnosis, or with someone providing an answer :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1