DxO Viewpoint has not worked with Photo for some time, so I thought I would try the recently-updated versions of both. DxO 3 installed OK and appeared in my plugins panel. I loaded an image of a skewed notice board and called up the plugin. It loaded fine and I was able to apply the perspective transformations. I clicked on Apply and then Save but the returned image in Photo was exactly the same as before! No perspective change. The standalone program works with no problems.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.8,5 Designer 1.8.5 and Publisher 1.8.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Joined the forum to report that this is my experience too. Using Windows 10. 

Film Pack works fine. Perfect, in fact. Thanks guys, much appreciated. But any changes I make in Viewpoint disappear when I click Save to return the photo to Affinity. 

So the Problem was posted here on Februrary 29, sadly i came to exact the same result today, also on windows 10 (have not tried it on Mac OS now).

Hi,

You should try Save | Edit with external program | File/Save in DVP. So, the original file will be modified. This is not the case with a filter : only the in-memory image is affected by the Save button in DVP. But here, there seems to be a communication problem between DVP and AP. DVP is expecting something from PS than doesn't seem to happen with AP.

Using DVP as an external program seems to be the temporary solution but AP doesn't seem to detect changes in the original file and doesn't seem to have a "Reload" command (did I miss it ?). So you have to close the image and then reopen it. Rather awkward, I admit.

I think that AP should react when the current image has been changed by an external program. At least, a Reload command should be available.

--Patrick
Hamburg ist der wahre Grund
warum Kompassnadeln nach Norden zeigen.