You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi There,

I used to work with Photoshop but I'm a beginner with Affinity Designer... so sorry if my question is stupid, but I'm definitely not able to find how to display the cursor's coordinates (X and Y) in real time.

Is there a kind of Info Panel or any other option?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Claude

I too was wondering how to display cursor X , Y coordinates. I went to the View->Studio-> as described above, but there is no Info menu item to choose. I'm still playing around with the Beta trying to decide if I want to buy it. Was this feature added after the Beta version, or does it still not exist?

Thanks for an answer.

Hi Matt,

Too bad but when I choose Studio -> Info I don't see any "Info Panel" :-(

The options I see are Colour, Transform, Layers, Stroke, Effects, History, Styles, Navigator, Swatches, Brushes. Below I have Hide Studio and Reset Studio. I tried to reset it but I never got an option that sound similar to "Info Panel"...

I bought Affinity Designer a couple of days ago in the App Store, so I should have the brand new version...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Claude

• Staff

Hi Elhardt and Claudio,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 

MattP's reply was referring to Affinity Photo. In Affinity Designer you can get that info (although not cursor coordinates in real time) from the Transform panel in the bottom right of the interface for both objects and nodes.

@Matt : thanks, I won't have to ask the same question regarding the Info Panel in Affinity Photo, you were faster than me ;-)

@MEB : ok with the Transform Panel, however the cursor coordinates in real time would be more than a "nice to have" in your next release ;-)

Thanks to all of you guys!

Cheers

Claude

• 2 years later...

So far, I'm very happy with Affinity Designer as an alternative to Ai.  However, one thing that I would request is that the addition of a persistent real time x,y coordinate for the cursor position be available as at least an option. 

The ruler bars and Transform tab coordinates don't provide the real time cursor position feedback I need for my workflow.

Something in the statusbar of the application, or dock-able panel would be nice.

Thank you for the consideration.

Hi, gpowers01,

This is just out of curiosity. Why do you need/use a real time cursor reading? AD will provide a real time readout to 2 decimal places if you are moving something really small, like a .24 pt circle, but myself, I can't manually position finely enough to get it at a whole integer position, much less a tenth or hundredth.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

1 hour ago, gpowers01 said:

So far, I'm very happy with Affinity Designer as an alternative to Ai.  However, one thing that I would request is that the addition of a persistent real time x,y coordinate for the cursor position be available as at least an option. 

The ruler bars and Transform tab coordinates don't provide the real time cursor position feedback I need for my workflow.

Something in the statusbar of the application, or dock-able panel would be nice.

Thank you for the consideration.

This is a feature of Photo, but not Designer, unfortunately.

info.jpg.fc11c31c6fe441017f10e04a6ff815a9.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

There very cool app called xScope that will display coordinates just to the right of the cursor, it can also zero to a point of the screen so say the document corner and as long as the document doesn't move you have a viable coordinate display. (would be neat if xScope could track that zeroed corner)
950895972_ScreenShot2018-06-10at19_04_10.png.e144b7688167b20b021bc3d15e97d2b2.png

Another feature in the xScope arsenal is a floating ruler that can be rotated, you can also display multiple rulers.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Bichnm

The display is in document units. So both the Transform panel and Info panel will display in whatever you have set for that.

hand.png.9abf6e88cdc8b75abcae7d2f7150d7c8.pngSelect the Hand Tool and change the Units to whatever you want on the Context Toolbar.

MM.png.48dd899942fbe1af7c4effbd3f55c18a.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

To be completed about my issue on APh for computer version 1.6.11 with Macbook Pro 2009, MacOs EL CAPITAN.

Steps to reproduce the behavior :

1- Launch APh, open a file

2- use hand, and change units to mm, transdorm and info, X,Y and W,H are change to mm, GREAT!!!

3- click on Rectangular marquee tool, either in Transform or Info, displayed in px again,

4- neither language in EN nor in FR, GOT SAME ISSUE!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @MEB,

I'm back. So sorry to reply you too late. I have other fish to fry :):):)!!!

So, the issue is still there. I downloaded the last Beta version (1.7.0.106). Neither in FR nor in US language the issue is the same.

In Info, i got the coordinates and dimensions in mm. But while released the cursor dimensions W/H are lost.

But in TRANSFORM what everor dimensions still in px. the coordinates  

Hello @MEB,

Work around :

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1/- Launch the APhoto

2/- Display Studio/Infos then select transform

3/- Open a file, in View Tool/Units select mm or cm

4/- Use Rectangular Marquee Tool and make a rectangular form, all dimensions are in px (issue)

5/- Click on Info tab, ALL DIMENSIONS ARE IN mm, yoooouuuuppppiiiii. And the dimensions W/H are still there not lost as described in previous post.