You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.8 won't run up (split)

lasscat

OK since updating to this beta version -

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.8.1.610

I can now start this version and edit files but not with the original V1.8 - therefore can this be released as a full version so I can use this now instead of my failed 1.7 & 1.8 main versions 🙂 as  it still comes up as a beta version and all the version warning are there.

1 minute ago, fineogs said:

OK since updating to this beta version -

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.8.1.610

I can now start this version and edit files but not with the original V1.8 - therefore can this be released as a full version so I can use this now instead of my failed 1.7 & 1.8 main versions 🙂 as  it still comes up as a beta version and all the version warning are there.

Great I'm glad you are able to launch the application again! When we're happy with the stability of the beta version we will indeed release it as a patch to the retail version. 

I had the same problem with Photo ver 1.8.0.585 dated 24/2/20 that failed to display the menu text after initial startup and crashed. 

Beta 1.8.1.610 seems to work.  It's time for changes to be rolled into a production release.  I have yet to test all other features but at least it starts up on my older HP Elitebook now running Windows 10 with updates to version 1909.