You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.8.2.170)

• Staff

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download ZIP: Download

Auto-update: Available

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the first beta of Affinity Photo 1.8.2 for macOS.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.8.1 version recently released to all customers (though it installs parallel to the release). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

Changes This Build

- Significant quality improvements to live filter rendering.
- Fixed focus merge issues (some images would get ignored).
- Improvements to customisable shortcuts UI.
- Defringe improvements.
- Added ability to preview fonts on black or white background.
- New document panel - terminology and UI tweaks.
- New document panel - saves settings between uses.
- Reinstated double click functionality on zoom, view tools.
- Improved responsiveness when editing large blocks of text.
- Fixed blurred toolbar buttons on non-retina displays.
- Fixed inability to move information page samplers in develop etc.
- Fixed occasional live perspective transform crash.
- Fixed luminosity details stepper in develop persona.
- Fixed mask bugs when resizing documents.
- Fixed inability to enter white balance temperature correctly in develop persona.

To be notified about all future macOS beta updates, please follow this notification thread 
To be notified when this Photo update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Affinity Photo on macOS customers, please follow this thread

Thanks Andy for the great work.

Any progress on my request posted below?

If it's a question of not committing yourself in public, please send me a private message with a response.  I just need to know if there is work being done to improve it or consider another solution.

Thanks again.  

I just deleted the last version of the 1.8.0 beta app from my /Applications folder yesterday (so it would not show up in the "Open with..."  list in Finder) but not the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo Beta folder or any of its contents.

Should that make any difference when testing this new beta?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I just deleted the last version of the 1.8.0 beta app from my /Applications folder yesterday (so it would not show up in the "Open with..."  list in Finder) but not the ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo Beta folder or any of its contents.

Should that make any difference when testing this new beta?

I also deleted mine yesterday, I am working in the new beta, all my settings & shortcuts have been retained from the last beta and working as expected.

27 minutes ago, Murfee said:

I also deleted mine yesterday, I am working in the new beta, all my settings & shortcuts have been retained from the last beta and working as expected.

For me, the Toolbar layout is neither the same as in the last 1.8.0 beta or as I have set it in the current 1.8.1 retail version. It is sort of a mix of both -- it retained most of the regular spaces I replaced all the flexible ones with, but the order of the items is different, a few items like Geometry I had added are missing, & where I had 2 or 3 regular space separators between items now there is either just 1 or none.

OTOH, it looks like all my keyboard shortcuts have been preserved (which were the same in the beta & retail versions), & the brushes are the same as in the last 1.8.0 beta, as are things like swatches, plugins, & so on, so no complaints about that. 😀

To the extent I have tested the changes in this build (& understand what they are supposed to do) everything seems to be working well, although I got a weird 'app has crashed' notice when the beta was idle in the background & restarting the app from the Crash report "Open" button was immediate, without the usual 3 to 15 second delay I normally get when launching AP.

Overall, it looks like a solid start for the 1.8.2 version. Yay!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Is it just me, or do others have the same issue: the latest customer betas do no longer recognize functional app store versions as licenses, so when I try to launch them, I get a dreaded panel asking me to enter e-mail and product key..

1 hour ago, rcfa said:

Is it just me, or do others have the same issue: the latest customer betas do no longer recognize functional app store versions as licenses, so when I try to launch them, I get a dreaded panel asking me to enter e-mail and product key..

Do you have the latest retail version installed? 1.8.2.beta won't run unless 1.8.1 retail is installed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

39 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Do you have the latest retail version installed? 1.8.2.beta won't run unless 1.8.1 retail is installed.

1.8.2 beta is running for me with retail 1.7.3 installed. (I have never installed the catastrophic retail 1.8.0 or 1.8.1.)

I stand corrected. I thought it didn't work for me. Now I have 1.8.1 and the 1.8.2 beta installed.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.