You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export, can't select text. Converted to curves unknowingly?

leleusi

Hi everyone,

Once again I come to you for support! I have Googled my cold, dark, little heart out on this one and so far I have come up empty. 

I am facing an issue with my document when exported to PDF that my text is not selectable. I believe what is happening is the text is being converted to curves, though I have not instructed Publisher to do so. 

Additionally, my tables are selectable as a whole, but the text within is not. This is a dealbreaker for my team.  

I have found the options to convert to curves in the document as well as in the PDF export (Embed Fonts: Text as Curves) but I can't seem to figure out a way to explicitly tell the software NOT to do that. 

For the record, I am using macOS 10.15.3 and Affinity Publisher 1.8.1, and I have used both Chrome and Preview to view the exported PDF and neither are able to select the text. 

Attached is a single page exported from the document and one page of my otherwise massive file. 

Thanks to any and all for reading.

cant select text test.pdf cant select text test.afpub