You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Startprobleme Affinity Photo 1.8

• Staff

Thanks for replying. We’ve had reports from users that our apps are no longer opening on Windows 10 after updating to 1.8. Our developers believe the issue is font related. So that we can look into this issue further is it possible to send us a copy of your font folders using the below link. If you could give the .zip file your forum username that would be helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/22VuKc58vOkWTtSzNDgW 

@Leigh  Any chance this failure to launch Ver 1.8 is related to my Ver 1.6 failure to launch as described at

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/108496-affinity-photo-16-no-longer-launches-when-connected-to-internet/&do=findComment&comment=588906

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

1 hour ago, Seestaller said:

Hallo, leider ist es genau so.

habe jetzt wieder 1.73 installiert und funktioniert einwandfrei.

VG.

Da werden wir noch ein bisschen auf ein Update warten müssen wie mir Leigh mitgeteilt hat.

Ich werde trotzdem bei der 1.8 bleiben, denn manchmal öffnet sie ja und bleibt dann auch stabil. Meine 1.73 war beim Starten übrigens ebenfalls nicht ganz stabil aber bei weitem nicht so instabil wie die Version 1.8. Die Vorgängerversion der 1.73 hatte dieses Problem in ähnlichem Ausmaß wie die 1.8. Das Problem scheint mir also etwas tiefsitzender zu sein.

Ich weiß nicht, vielleicht ein Hauptspeicherproblem, ich habe z.B. nur 6 GB Hauptspeicher oder eventuell zu viele Schriftarten, bei mir sind es zur Zeit 715 installierte Schriftarten.

Wie auch immer, im Notfall habe ich noch mein ehemaliges Grafikprogramm als Ersatzprogramm!

VG

There we will have to wait a bit for an update as Leigh told me.

I'll stay with the 1.8 anyway, because sometimes it opens and stays stable. By the way, my 1.73 was not quite stable at startup either, but not nearly as unstable as version 1.8. The previous version of 1.73 had this problem to a similar extent as 1.8. So the problem seems to be a bit deeper-seated to me.

I don't know, maybe a main memory problem, I have e.g. only 6 GB main memory or maybe too many fonts, I currently have 715 fonts installed.

Anyway, in case of emergency I still have my former graphics program as a replacement!

VG

• Staff
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have released the new update, 1.8.2, that fixes the issue users were having where the app wouldn't get past the loading screen because of fonts. If you purchased the app from the Affinity Store you can download the update from:

If you purchased the app from the Microsoft Store the update will be available to download from the updates section.