You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move tool freezes when pasting background

i am running on version 1.8 and are experiencing a strange error. If i copy a background from splash, then paste into a document as  a layer,

it cannot then be resized or moved, the move tool will not respond. If i save the document, then re open it, the move tool now works and i

can resize the background. it does this every time.

it also does this with the place tool as well, the move tool will not respond until a save and restart.

Edited by ian kelsall
additional info

• Staff

Hey ian kelsall,

I've seen a few other reports of people unable to move an object using the Move Tool. 

I've just tried copying an image from the Stock Panel providers and pasting into the app but it works fine. Do you have a recipe that allows you to reproduce this each time? 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:04 AM, ian kelsall said:

i am running on version 1.8 and are experiencing a strange error. If i copy a background from splash, then paste into a document as  a layer,

it cannot then be resized or moved, the move tool will not respond. If i save the document, then re open it, the move tool now works and i

can resize the background. it does this every time.

it also does this with the place tool as well, the move tool will not respond until a save and restart.

I'm having this same issue. I have to constantly save the document and close Affinity Photo, then when I open it, it works again. Doesn't matter if its a photo from my computer or another document, or if its something I selected from that current document, the resize wont work

i have raised this issue with affinity support, they gave a beta version to try out. However, i'm sorry to say that the exact same problem is happening with

this version. if you copy and paste an image from unsplash into a layered document, the move tool does not work, you cannot move the pasted layer. If you

save the document, then re open it, then you can move it.

there are two ways you can get an image from unsplash into a layered document. the first is if you double click on the image, it opens in the web browser, and then you can

copy and paste that image into affinity. The other way i only just discovered is you can drag and drop the image directly into the layered document. Doing it the second way

does not cause the move tool to freeze. however, copying from the web browser does cause the freeze.