You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

Can I download just the update from the site rather than through the pop up when I open Affinity Photo for Mac?

Have tied to update 7 times this morning and it has timed out every time, it then wants to start again from scratch. Tried downloading 1.81 directly, but same problem? Not everyone has super fast broadband and it is a 50 min download here. My internet connection is fine, but slow...have downloaded other updates this morning with no problem. 

Hello. I recently moved to a remote location in Vermont. I have a VERY slow DSL connection and I am unable to download updates to my software. I've tried three times but the update connection seems to be timing out. Does anyone have a suggestion about how I can get the updates onto my Mac & PC another way? Thanks. I'll try the link from Leigh.

I have purchased both Photo and Designer through the Apple Store, and the 1.81 update refuses to download no matter how often I have tried.  How can I use the downloads from Affinity directly if I have no product key?  The apple store is supposed to manage licensing, is there no way to update the software from affinity if purchased through apple?  My desktop Designer now won't open files from my iPad because of the lack of update provided by Affinity.

Update: looks like the Apple Store was messed up, the updates finally were available after a few hours.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 4/4/2020 at 12:32 AM, CRWillow said:

Have the same download issue in northern NH. 1.8.2 took days for download to complete but won't open. Can't find out why.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. What happens when you try and run the downloaded file? Do you get any error messages?

Thanks very much for the links for downloading from Serif..... I'd tried doing from within the App and it was taking for ever.....so I cancelled.

Just did it direct and the 500+Mb downloaded really quickly. 👍

However, when I clicked the disc image (it's for Mac) it unpacked but when it finished it instructed to move to Applications Folder.... when I did it said there's an older version, so I cancelled!

Will this new version remember my settings, password etc. or do I have to start from scratch? Can't even remember where the unlock key is either!!

38 minutes ago, CRWillow said:

787776251_affinity-photo-1.8.3error.JPG.afce0393a21724fcd6c31930306aecb6.JPGCapture.JPG.bb3bba266c4178cc40f6279bbd0fa459.JPG

These are the error messages I get when trying to install updates.

That should mean that your file download did not work. You should download again. You can find the file at https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Is there a zip file that I can download? The only internet I have available crashes over and over. I spend hours trying to download and when I finally get it thru it won't open. I have redownloaded these files several times since they became available but they will not open when the download is complete.

6 minutes ago, CRWillow said:

Is there a zip file that I can download? The only internet I have available crashes over and over. I spend hours trying to download and when I finally get it thru it won't open. I have redownloaded these files several times since they became available but they will not open when the download is complete.

I am not aware of a zip version, and it would not be significantly smaller. The bulk of the .exe file content is already compressed by a similar algorithm, and zipping the data would make very little difference.

When you look at the installer file in File Explorer, what do you see for its size? Mine shows image.png.ae2a220494c99e66de701ea720499839.png

If you're having problems you might try a different browser.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1