You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

> 400 Pages... but i cannot scroll down there

Hi Guys... I just switched over my actual book project to publisher 1.8 and run into a heavy bug ... over a felt number of 300 pages I cannot scroll down to work in that pages above... They did import correctly, and i can see them all in the pages panel... but i cannot access them to work in that text. Even when i zoom out or try to jump through text .... 

PS: Page 286 is the end... I can see all the following pages in the panel, but when I doubleclick on it nothing moves in the main window.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by pixelschubsen
image added

Hi, same problem here.

However, I managed to solve this temporarily by opening the file that wasn't working, then a second one inside which I then moved around among the pages - while the first file was still opened as well. It solved the problem regarding my first opened file for the current session, then it failed again after closing and relaunching Publisher. It seems that reloading automatically the files from the last session doesn't solve the matter and you need to manually reopen everything the way I detailed above.

Not sure if it does matter but my problematic file was saved while I was on a Master page, while the others I opened were saved while on a Page...

On 2/28/2020 at 9:45 AM, Jon P said:

Hi, if both of you go to View > View Mode and disable Clip to Canvas does that solve it for you?

This worked for me. It kept getting stuck on the first two pages.  I could scroll through the pages on the left but it wouldn't budge the center screen.  Sometimes if I go somewhere else on my computer and come back it would fix itself.  Most of the time I would have to close the file and open it again.

After taking some time to look a bit more at my file, unchecking Clip to Canvas leads to a mess in my pages (lines alignment mostly as far as I can tell). The trouble is that I can't be 100% sure that the two issues are indeed related since the same happens to files in which I can scroll and move around with Clip to Canvas checked...

See some exemples attached, where the text was properly centered vertically before (without baseline magnetism) and is no more as of today. Some are text fields with an inner space and a background colour, others are just text fields atop a coloured square, so there is no apparent pattern at first sight.

(As understandable as it is, it still is a bit annoying since I'm supposed to complete some of those things as soon as possible, so if any workaround is found I'm all ears.)

Sans titre-4.png

Sans titre-3.png

Sans titre-2.png

• Staff

@ald It sounds like a different issue but if you can upload the file to the above dropbox link in PaulS's post and point me to an example of where the line alignment isn't correct we can take a look

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello:

Only for communicating that I have the same issue with the scroll along the document and it is fixed when Clip to canvas is uncheked.

I have observed that the problem happens to me in a particular situation:

1. Select master page.

2. Change master page from single (one page) to faced (two pages) or viceversa.

3. Select document pages and try to scroll.

Notice that if I do not follow the step 1 and I keep the selection on document pages and then, with right click on mouse change the settings of master page from single to faced or viceversa, this problem doesn´t occur.

As a last comment, it can be solved creating a new document page (instead unchecking clip to canvas option).

Thanks.

Judging by reading the changelog of the latest beta this should be fixed in the next retail version.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Guys, the above mentioned problem seems to be solved in the new beta... but after deleting the hundert first pages of my 500 page document... beta publisher """crashes""" in a very strange way!!! while i am typing this text here in CHROME publisher jumps in front of my Desktop every 3 seconds. Maybe he is deleting the 100 pages?!? I don´t know. it´s a dead parrot. not responding and CPU is at 95%. But this I cannot see the crashpadhandler.exe in taskmanager.

Hope you all are fine and stay well. wash your hands!