You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem finding latest updates (split)

Hello,

The Publisher has already updated yesterday and today to 1.8.1
It has the function "Check for Updates" in the menu. It was purchased at the Serif store.

Photo and Designer do NOT have the "Check for Updates" function in the menu; why?
Because they are older and were purchased from the Apple App Store?
I can't update from Apple App Store to 1.8.1. It is not working. I know it can take a while but it sucks.

Is it possible to pass them from the Apple App Store to my Serif account? Will this give me the "Check for Updates" function for all three apps?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, AT.HA said:

Because they are older and were purchased from the Apple App Store?

Not that they are older, but definitely because they were purchased through the Mac App Store. Check for Updates is not needed there.

1 hour ago, AT.HA said:

Is it possible to pass them from the Apple App Store to my Serif account?

It is not possible, unless you purchase the programs again from the Serif Store.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the Mac App Store in your region shows the updates. I don't know if you saw the instructions in the announcement posts for Mac App Store users:

If you’ve purchased from the Mac App Store— updates are done automatically next time you run your software after it is available in the Mac App Store. If this does not happen for you, open the Mac App Store app and go to the Updates page and then Store > Reload page or press CMD+R. This should hopefully force the update to show.

I have seen a few reports from Affinity users that going to the Purchased page in the store also allowed them to download the updates. Perhaps that would work for you, too.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I have seen a few reports from Affinity users that going to the Purchased page in the store also allowed them to download the updates. Perhaps that would work for you, too.

That worked for me as App Store showed no updates.  I just entered Affinity Photo in the search bar, went to purchase page and changed from open to update.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection