You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Gradient Map Preset - How to Access them

Presets created in individual adjustment panels can only be accessed through the Adjustment panel [View > Studio > Adjustment]. In this case, open the Adjustment panel and click on the Gradient Map line. This will insert a Gradient Map adjustment into your Layer stack, but it should also reveal any/all of your saved presets. Click on  one of them to change the gradient map to the one you want.

Before you even say it, I also think that the presets should be available from their associated panels (that is, the gradient map presets should be available from the Gradient Map panel, and so forth) but that's a whole different argument.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• 2 years later...
On 2/27/2020 at 9:56 PM, smadell said:

Presets created in individual adjustment panels can only be accessed through the Adjustment panel [View > Studio > Adjustment]. In this case, open the Adjustment panel and click on the Gradient Map line. This will insert a Gradient Map adjustment into your Layer stack, but it should also reveal any/all of your saved presets. Click on  one of them to change the gradient map to the one you want.

Before you even say it, I also think that the presets should be available from their associated panels (that is, the gradient map presets should be available from the Gradient Map panel, and so forth) but that's a whole different argument.

Hi, do you know if I can add .grd files presets into Affinity ? Thank you in advance

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, Salaha said:

In this case, open the Adjustment panel and click on the Gradient Map line. This will insert a Gradient Map adjustment into your Layer stack, but it should also reveal any/all of your saved presets. Click on  one of them to change the gradient map to the one you want.

Nope... this apparently does not work with Affinity Photo 2. I have made and saved several presets and am unable to locate them for use.

10 hours ago, Zhandt said:

Nope... this apparently does not work with Affinity Photo 2. I have made and saved several presets and am unable to locate them for use.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

It does work in Photo 2, if you created your presets there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Please point me to the correct location. I made my presets using the Gradient Map Tool in Adjustments, in Affinity Photo 2. Later, when opening another document and seeiing to apply the created map, when opening the Gradient Map Tool none of the maps that I created using the tool appear. All help is appreciated. I recently migrated from Adobe Photoshop and am still going through a bit of a learning curve. :)

27 minutes ago, Zhandt said:

when opening the Gradient Map Tool none of the maps that I created using the tool appear.

I'm not sure what you mean by the Gradient Map Tool. There is no Tool for this. It is an Adjustment Layer, and the Presets (as with all Adjustments) are available in the Adjustments panel just as they were in V1.

image.png.2082d4e816632a4d9195f8fa09f41101.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Everything works great but how to save these presets for the future installs - say one day I will upgrade PC and will have to re-install whole system and all apps. Is there a way to backup these presets for such event?

• Staff
9 hours ago, nezumi said:

Is there a way to backup these presets for such event?

There's no direct option for this within the Affinity app - however you can copy your Adjustments.propcol file from one system to another to transfer these.

On Windows, these can be found in the following folders:

• Affinity Store (MSIX) & Windows Store:
    • %USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Common\2.0\user\

• Affinity Store (EXE) :
    • %appdata%\Affinity\Common\2.0\user\

On macOS, this file is found under:

~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/v2/user/

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!