You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems updating Publisher on MAS (split)

@MEB I had the same problem! Launch the App Store, select Updates on the left, then go to the menu bar and select Store/Reload Page.

I am signed in with the same Apple ID.

For what it's worth, this is my situation:

• 2012 iMac running Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6)
  • Installed released versions of Affinity Suite 1.7.3
  • Installed Beta Affinity Suite 1.8.0

How many days would you recommend to wait for the updates to appear in the Mac App Store?

• Staff

Hi Mark Oehlschlager,
It's possible the latest update isn't available yet for some users. Have you renamed or moved the applications from the root of the Applications folder to somewhere else (including placing them in another folder inside the Applications folder)? One thing you can try is to sign-off the Mac App Store app, restart the Mac and run the Mac App Store app and sign-in again. It may help to solve some cache issues.

How many days would you recommend to wait for the updates to appear in the Mac App Store?

Depending on where you are, It may take up to 72 hours for the updates becomes available.

1 hour ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

I'm not seeing the 1.8.1 updates in the Mac App Store.

Perhaps an obvious question, but are you sure you bought the apps from the Mac App Store & not the Affinity Store?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

@jkfrench & @Mark Oehlschlager

I have split these update issues off from the announcement thread.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

My updates did not show in the "update" section of the App store. If I went to the app in the store though it had an option to "install" rather than buy. 

If you go in the "purchased" section of the App store does it show the Affinity software there? This could at least rule that out for sure. 

@wonderings

29 minutes ago, wonderings said:

If you go in the "purchased" section of the App store does it show the Affinity software there? This could at least rule that out for sure. 

This approach worked for me. I went to the "Purchased" tab of the Mac App Store, was asked to log in again with my Apple ID, and voila, the updates were available for me to install.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Mark Oehlschlager said:

@wonderings

This approach worked for me. I went to the "Purchased" tab of the Mac App Store, was asked to log in again with my Apple ID, and voila, the updates were available for me to install.

Thank you.

Did not work for me, I have 2 Apple ID's and the one that was used to purchase the Affinity apps was not logged in. When I logged in it did not show updates ready save for Designer. Both Photo and Publisher had to be installed from their app location in the App store. At least there are a few ways of getting the job done. 

UPDATE:

Although I gained access to the install button by going to the "Purchased" tab of the MAS, and was able to download and install the 1.8.1 updates, the MAS interface continues to prompt me to install both Publisher and Designer (though not Photo).

Very strange. 

I don't know whether this has to do with the way that Apple is handling the Affinity apps in the store, or that it has something to do with a broken behavior of the MAS for Macs still running High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) like mine.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.42.00 PM.png

I had the same issue. It didn't show on the updates page and instead showed "Install" for Photo and Designer on the "Purchased" page. Selecting that worked for me, but not how I expect the Mac App Store to work.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

Looks at least AppStore wise Ok to me, meaning here that update availabilities are always automatically indicated by the OS (El Capitan) ...

affinity_updates.jpg.701ff95fb2a97d105520c0c240f83080.jpg

... the 1.8.1 Updates look to be patched/diff versions of 1/3 of the usual size (Photo download was just 171 MB or the like in this case).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

12 hours ago, v_kyr said:

... the 1.8.1 Updates look to be patched/diff versions of 1/3 of the usual size (Photo download was just 171 MB or the like in this case).

For me, the download for AP was listed as 562.4 MB & for AD it was 570.9 MB. Both downloads took an unusually long time both to begin & to complete, about 1.5 hours from start to finish after clicking the "Download All" button to get them both. I have a very fast internet connection. Typically, a 1+ GB download from the MAS takes only a few minutes at most, so I surmise that Apple's servers were (& maybe still are?) struggling to keep up with the demand for these updates.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

For me on my home side here, the previous v1.8.0 MAS downloads did took a few minutes and I recall that the Photo 1.8.0 update was shown in AppStore as to have less than 500 MB (4xx) where in contrast the AD size was AFAI remember 100 MB more or the like. I recall this, since I wondered that Photo was shown to be size wise more compact than AD then. - However, the next day v1.8.1 update downloads went in contrast very quick and were shown in AppStore Updates to have only a portion of the usual download size.

Maybe I should tell that the home internet connection isn't of the fast players here were I stay (bad I-Net infrastructure) and more the lame one. In the company where we have GBit internet lines, things are in contrast to my home internet lightning fast, there usually once you click you got things.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2