Hi there,

since Affinity 1.8 it is possible to edit the metadata in Affinity Photo. Exactly this feature I had mentioned a long time ago. I wonder why the metadata panel is not included in Affinity Designer 1.8.
Is there anything you can do?

I ask again because I am not a friend of work-arounds.

Or do I need to buy Affinity Publisher? (makes no sense to me, because I only need this feature)

My old thread: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/101472-set-pdf-document-properties/&tab=comments#comment-544049

best regards! :)

The Metadata panel is for the information associated with an image file, I believe, and Photo is the application primarily intended for working with image documents. As you would not usually open an image file in Designer, I think Serif probably didn't think it worthwhile to include the Metadata panel there.

PDF properties would be handled differently from Metadata, I think. And yes, if you're intrested in setting title and author for exported PDF files then at this point Publisher is the application you'd need to use, as it supports those via the Fields panel. Possibly Serif will consider adding the Fields panel to Designer someday.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Thanks for your quick answere, sir!

If i exported a PDF document in Photo the metadata is exported as well. So why not in Designer as well?
Exact this function is what i am missing and asking since 2018.

Additionally it would be great if Designer can export PNG, JPEG etc. with metadata. So i am not used to take the picture and edit the metadata after each export.

I would be happy if Serif take that panel inside Designer :)

best regards!