You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing bleed in Photo Persona and Affinity Photo too!

mykee

Dear developers,

When open a Publisher file in Photo persona or Affinity Photo bleed is missing! I didn't see it! This feature was worked in 1.7.3 version, and very important for me to publishing! Many times need patching bleed area for press publishing.

And in Affinity Photo missing pages, I see current pages only!

Please fix these!

(Or get a trick, how can I use Inpaint tool on bleed without rasterization? I made a bookmark, and on bleed have a few item, but I cannot use Inpaint tool on bleed, because didn't see it... If use Inpaint tool, photo will rasterized AND CROPPED...)

image.png.148483c4e224f5202247b52f35309694.png image.png.af0256e93b98371e708af1025eee899c.png

Update: here is temporary solution for bleed inpainting:

• Place image and set size
  • Switch to Photo Persona
  • Rasterize image (no trim!)
  • Place image to spread visible area
  • Inpainting
  • Switch to Publisher Persona
  • Place image back to bleed

This joke, and horrible. I cannot work on bleed area with Photo Persona or Affinity Photo tools... I can't believe it...

I cannot modify mask with Paint Brush Tool on bleed area without image moving!!! No Paint Brush Tool in Publisher and Designer Persona, and under Photo Persona no bleed... Arrrrrrgggghhhhh...... 😡😡😡

image.png.0cd077b6e907228840333c85f3a25661.png

3 hours ago, mykee said:

And in Affinity Photo missing pages, I see current pages only!

There is a page selector on the lower-left edge of the window, next to the Status Bar, that will let you navigate between pages of a Publisher document.

image.png.027bca08f16fabdb0431e5b75ca66e7e.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, mykee said:

And have a problem with rotated pages. I opened a publisher file in Photo where first page is landscape, and second page rotated

I suggest making a separate topic for that in the Photo Bugs forum, since it's not a bug you found in Publisher.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thanks, opened a new topic for rotate bug. :) 

Turn back to bleed: why not see this in Photo Persona or Photo from 1.8 version while in 1.7.3 was perfect, if opened a Publisher file with bleed? Because this feature need editing for press publications, and much tool include only in Photo, not in Designer and Publisher... (See left corner of my bookmark screenshot)

I've no idea why it's missing, and I'll have to take your word that it was ever there, as I never used it in 1.7.

Serif will get to this report at some point, but with all the reports coming in it may take awhile.

-- Walt
PC:

And here is next problem: I used a pixel layer for base color, and filled with grey over black. Look result: filled only Canvas, bleed no. Tried Unclip canvas feature too, no helped. :(

Please fix this bleed bug, please!

image.png.42c65b4defa8b1db5597668b21d42384.png