You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change Apple Store to Affinity Store or visa versa

I don't believe so, no. I have exactly the same purchase history (Photo and Designer from the App Store, Publisher from Affinity) and I have to say it's never caused any issues.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

No, but when version 2.0 comes out that will be the time to do it.

Assuming you will want to upgrade to version 2.0

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hi NewbieCDN,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm afraid this is not possible, sorry. Your best chance to switch is when Affinity apps reach version 2.0 which is a paid upgrade. The apps all are basically the same - the fact that you mixed them from different stores shouldn't cause issues. StudioLink in Publisher will work no matter the store where you purchased the apps.

I'm in the same boat and actually it does cause an issue.  As far as I can tell there is no way to back rev an app that was purchased from the Apple App store.  When 2.0 comes I will move everything over to Affinity's store so that if we have another issue like we are having with 1.8 I can revert back.

You can always back up before installing updates, and then revert to your backup.

FWIW I don't see any way of reverting to earlier versions via the Affinity Store either. My only available download of Publisher is 1.8.1.

1255363585_Screenshot2020-02-27at17_15_47.png.0d04f179854a0bf08e5e88e58cbf8387.png

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

Hi h_d,
Check these links for earlier versions (Affinity Store users only - they require a product key for activation)
Affinity Photo
Affinity Designer
Affinity Publisher

For Mac App Store users there's no way to revert to a previous version unless you have made a backup before.

7 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi h_d,
Check these links for earlier versions (Affinity Store users only - they require a product key for activation)
Affinity Photo
Affinity Designer
Affinity Publisher

For Mac App Store users there's no way to revert to a previous version unless you have made a backup before.

My wife's Affinity Photo came from the Mac App Store.  I would certainly have made a backup had I know that they were going to do an automatic update to a buggy version.  She was using 1.7 one day and the next day it came up 1.8.  Upgraded with no warning.  She can't print with 1.8 so she is running a copy of 1.7 on a 10 day trial and hoping we can get some help from Serif before the 10 days is up.

• Staff

Hi KelloggKid,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm sorry you are having trouble printing with the latest version. This is an issue we are currently looking at and for which we hope to have a fix soon. My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The automatic update is a Mac App Store option that affects all apps, not only ours. You can disable it going to menu App Store > Preferences, and ticking the first checkbox (on top) in the Mac App Store app. Despite this option, it's always desirable to have a backup of the system. Issues like this can happen with any app or  when updating the macOS itself.

23 hours ago, KelloggKid said:

I would certainly have made a backup had I know that they were going to do an automatic update to a buggy version.

For future reference, as I mentioned in this post in another topic you have control over whether updates from the Mac App Store (MAS) are installed automatically or not.

You can also disable automatic downloads & installs of MAS apps in the preferences of the App Store app itself.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Time Machine, external SSD, is always on.  The great thing I like and main reason I changed from Windows to MAC, cloud Based and Time Machine.  House burns down, Apple Store can have you up and running.  Backup everything important in cloud, external drive and if possible, external drive monthly off site.  All MAC App Store purchases are a click away.  Online/retail/product key, different ballgame.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection