You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest update

Rosie55F

6 hours ago, KevinL said:

The setup failed to install Affinity Photo (and Publisher). The installation program seemed to be working correctly, then it said, "Setup failed." Publisher's update fail in the same way. I'm running Windows 10. 

First, restart your PC. Next, run the installer again by right-clicking on it and selecting the option Run as Administrator.

If that does not work, press the Windows key and R, and in the Run dialog box paste this text:
%temp%\AffinitySetup

Press OK, and you should get a File Explorer window with some directories in it. Open the newest one, and attach the SetupUI.log and Setup.log files here.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The setup failed to install Affinity Publisher. The installation program seemed to be working correctly, then it said, "Setup failed." Publisher's update fail in the same way. I'm running Windows 10. 

Where can I attach the log-files?

Currently there is no program available

The setup logs show a successful installation, I think. And as you were able to run the program after installing it, that shows it was installed successfully.

I have no idea why it fails on a subsequent run of the program. Sorry.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

I purchased Photo, Designer & Publisher 1.7.3.481 a short time ago.
All run great on my PC. Simultaneously I might add.

Intel Pent 1.50GHz
8 GB Ram
Windows 10 Home 1903 64-bit
1TB HDD
1920x1080 display

Today I updated to 1.8 and it wouldn't start. None of them would run. Splash-screen would pop-up then nothing. Just stop starting. On all of the 1.8 updated apps.

Did complete uninstall and install of 1.8. Still wouldn't start.
Did complete uninstall and reinstall of 1.7. All are running without problems right now. Photo, Designer and Publisher.

I have no clue why my PC will not start any of the 1.8 apps? I have nothing else running and nothing installed since the Affinity 1.7 Apps.

After trying various suggestions.... none of which worked, I was just opening and closing APhoto  when some curious happened. It started to work. Everything loaded fine, and various features worked perfectly.

I then closed the program and re opened a minute or so later.....empty APhoto screen.  Tried again... no luck. Next time worked perfectly.

I read on another posting in support questions, that they powers that be seem to think it is a problem with fonts  loading and they are working on it.  

I suppose if you really need to use V1.8, just open it if you can and leave it open.

Hope they fix it soon!!

well I have no problem to install,     start and working so far with Photo and Designer, yes there are some problems like freeze ups   after using brushes.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

5 hours ago, Jim.diver said:

Your log files show that the installer has insufficient authority. Usually, the following will fix that:

• Restart Windows; then
  • Right-click on the installer .exe file and choose Run As Administrator

-- Walt
PC:

You're welcome. Not sure why it would fail one time and work another.

-- Walt
PC:

7 hours ago, Ken Wells said:

Unable to install AP1.8 The file type is not supported affinity-photo-1.8.0[1]

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Ken.

What is the complete filename? The extension should be .exe when displayed in File Explorer, and if the download was incomplete it may not be right. Note that you may need to configure File Explorer to show the extension. You can do that in the View tab of File Explorer:
image.png.ad26a7557cfc98af9cae1139b7dc8e2a.png

Also, what is the file size? Mine shows this:
image.png.824cafac4596104455df6767f786a43b.png

-- Walt
PC:

I have been searching for a solution to the problem of Affinity Photo 1.8 since Feb. 27 with no luck til now!!!

I cannot take credit for it since I found the solution on another poster Dan C (moderator).  I found it, used it, and it worked perfectly, even after closing an reopening the program several times. 

I've copied Dan C instructions below and and am really grateful for his help. I am using Win 10 64bit.

Hope it helps others. James

Dan responding ,

Many thanks for your file. This shows me that your System is missing an .msi file from the previous version of Affinity, which is causing the update to fail as it cannot remove the previous version successfully.

We'll need to manually remove the current version of Affinity Photo from your PC before installing the latest version. 
Please download the following tool from Microsoft to uninstall the previous version - 
https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed 

Once downloaded please run the tool, select Uninstalling and then Affinity Photo from the list of apps shown. 

If you can't see Affinity Photo in the list, select the aptly named first option and then paste the following code in and select OK. Depending on which version you most recently had installed, the code will be slightly different but I believe you'll require the first one below:

1.7.3 - {6EE06075-1F8E-4737-B744-B2BB8E2BFE28}       (For me, it just showed Affinity)
1.7.2 - {958C8ACD-8C7A-43ED-92D7-B25B263CAFDA} 

Once the uninstaller has completed, please visit the following link and download a fresh copy of the latest  AP exe, then navigate to the downloaded .exe right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator, this should hopefully install the app for you as expected.     (At this point, I restarted my computer before I opened APhoto,   James)

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/ 

I hope this helps!

Well, back to square one. Although AP 1.8 worked yesterday even after opening an closing the program numerous times and restarting the computer 3 times, this morning.....when I started the PC .... nothing, just a blank AP screen.

Sorry if I got everyone's hopes up, but it's back to V 1.73.   

Tried the beta version.... same result.   The screen shows loading fonts image and then the same blank AP screen.

Exactly the same as the 1.8 version.

Incidentally, is there any way to get rid of the " there is a new version to download" image that pops up in V1.73.  

James

2 hours ago, vining said:

Incidentally, is there any way to get rid of the " there is a new version to download" image that pops up in V1.73.  

James

regedit,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Serif\Affinity\Photo\1

(new dword 32) No Update Check=dword:00000001

Immagine.jpg