You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when rearranging swatches

Screen capture

https://d.pr/v/mHBDie

The problem

Rearranging swatches in any custom palette (i.e. no System or default Affinity palette) is guaranteed to crash the application.

Background info

• This bug is not specific to Publisher. It happens in Photo and Designer as well.
  • I am using the latest versions (1.8), but the bug occured on previous versions too.
  • Currently my machine is running macOS 10.15.3.
  • It happens with any document, or even without a document open.
  • As far as I know, no unusual hardware/software/configs.

I tried it but could not reproduce.

In the video I see you are using your own "system-palettes" (with the small apple-icon) I also have one saved and rearranging does not crash my Publisher.

What is this overlay I see in your video on the left side in the middle? It is displayed while dragging. Is this some system plugin or only from the video recording app?

edit: I'm on Mojave. What is your system? There are some issues with catalina and 1.8release..

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• Bizarre. I have been getting it consistently for months – even on my previous laptop. (I bought the latest MacBook Pro a little while ago.)
  • Yes, it only happens with custom palettes.
  • As originally mentioned, (1) I'm on 10.15.3, which is Catalina, (2) this crash happened before 1.8 as well.
  • The overlay is an app called Yoink, which is a drag-and-drop utility. Just to make sure, I quit Yoink and tried again. The crash still happens in the same way.

32 minutes ago, Andrew Berth said:

Seems unlikely, given the fact it happens to every single one.

I can't reproduce it either.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff

I've reproduced it now (imported your palette as a system palette and then re arranged).

I think this is related to a crash we already have logged but will add it to make sure it is fixed when that is resolved.

Thanks for the report.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 year later...