You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest Version - Smart Objects?

Am I correct in thinking the latest version of Affinity now supports Photoshop Smart Object importing?  I've had a go and whilst it appeared to work the object didn't display properly, it showed a flat image?

Will be fantastic if this now works, it was the last thing keeping me with PS!!!

• Staff

Hi JNMann,

It does now support smart objects in .PSD files however similar to .PSD text it first needs to be enabled within the General tab of the apps preferences.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Yes, I found the same when importing a psd with smart objects that needs to go round like eg. on a mug. 
I opened the same file in PS and AP. You can see clearly the distortion of lines in AP which is on the left in the picture. You will also notice the different handling of the background. 

But it is a good start and I am sure the Affinity Team will work on this.  

same psd from Envato market - crocked psd in AP.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

If you check out the actual smart object "effec"t, you'll notice that it's a warped object, and currently AF Photo doesn't support complex warps. As it's "only" a mathematical calculation and some sort of support to transfer this onto the warp, I guess it's only a matter of time until more complex warps are supported.

• 4 weeks later...