You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update does not work

Veetsky

I have a similar issue. The update failed, and trying to install from scratch fails every time too even after uninstalling Affinity Photo. At the installing stage the progress bar zooms across after a second and just says 'Setup failed'.

This is on Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates, after cleaning my system with AVG TuneUp, after granting admin permissions and using the official installation file from my Affinity downloads page.

• Staff
45 minutes ago, Veetsky said:

Whenever I update Affinity Photo, it is downloaded but the installation does not work. No error message, and after restarting, the old version is still there.

Are you being asked to restart by the install?

After installing the update 1.8 on windows 10 pro the program shows the small starting window but in the moment the program window should be shown the program is crashing completely. The version 1.7 worked properly. What can i do?

Intel i5, 28 GB RAM, Asus Mainboard

• Staff
20 hours ago, Ardeius said:

After installing the update 1.8 on windows 10 pro the program shows the small starting window but in the moment the program window should be shown the program is crashing completely. The version 1.7 worked properly. What can i do?

Intel i5, 28 GB RAM, Asus Mainboard

Hi Ardeius,

I'd recommend a fresh install. Did you update to 1.8 over the top of 1.7 or did you download the manual exe? Make sure you aren't mixing folders up and leave the default install location if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated 1.8 over 1.7. The version downloaded but the install failed. Version 1.7 wouldn't open. I went to the Photo file but It would not open. Now I can't use the program. The same thing happened the last time I tried installing 1.7 but I don't remember how I was able to finally get 1.7 loaded. Why does this keep happening with new version installs and how can I get Affinity Photo working with 1.8? I have Windows 365.

6 minutes ago, Allan M said:

I updated 1.8 over 1.7. The version downloaded but the install failed. Version 1.7 wouldn't open. I went to the Photo file but It would not open. Now I can't use the program. The same thing happened the last time I tried installing 1.7 but I don't remember how I was able to finally get 1.7 loaded. Why does this keep happening with new version installs and how can I get Affinity Photo working with 1.8? I have Windows 365.

Have you tried rebooting then installing again?

On 3/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, Chris B said:

Hi Ardeius,

I'd recommend a fresh install. Did you update to 1.8 over the top of 1.7 or did you download the manual exe? Make sure you aren't mixing folders up and leave the default install location if possible.

Hello Chris,

I tried all: First i tried the update after opening the program, then i changed the install location, then i de-installed all and i tried a new install with the 1.8 Exe file. It didn't work. In the meanwhile also the last version 1.7 is not be opened. It worked for few days. Now i tried to open a psd-file with Affinity and the program said goodbye immediatly. Now i am without any working version of Affinity. I am more than unhappy and don't know what to do.