You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,
appreciate there's a lot of posts about the blank artboard issue on Affinity when opening files, I couldn't find the answer to mine so here goes:

I artworked all our brand logos on Adobe Illustrator and saved the master files as EPS. These logo EPS files have been prepared for print, so they have their assigned colour profiles and brand swatch colours with fixed CMYK and pantone values. We have set up our colour environments to FOGRA39...2004) and sRGB...1966-21 in both Affinity and Illustrator.

I get that Affinity wont import file-specific data, but can show the vectors on the layers panel, but the layers here are blank.

There is a path tool that was used in Illustrator to subtract the head of the bird from the body, but nothing else during the drawing stages.

I checked the X/Y axis and these register at 0.

TF_Motif_Lrg_CMYK-C.eps

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 12.42.30.png

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 12.35.28.png

Edited by C.Rey
Bad cutting and pasting

• Staff

Hi C.Rey and Welcome to the Forums,

Can you confirm you uploaded the correct file?

I've been able to open that EPS in the 1.8.1 build of Designer and as shown in the attached screenshot, i can see the items and everything is present :) 

Screenshot 2020-02-28 at 08.54.34.png

• 2 weeks later...

I should have mentioned we're opening these files from Google File Stream (GFS) and it seems this is not allowing Affinity to open files. Downloading locally, does allow Affinity to open EPS files.

This only happens with EPS files (blank artboard).
Affinity opens other file extensions just fine, across the GFS network. This has been going on for the last month or so. Illustrator and Sketch open all files across GFS.

Downloading and working locally isn't an option for us, so its a shame we're having to use alternative software that doesn't conflict with GFS.