You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF – not embed fonts

belgrowa

I think I'm having the exact same issue. Have been exporting to PDF perfectly fine, and after updating to 1.8.1 this afternoon, I'm getting loads of weird artefacts in my PDF exports. I retried exporting designs that had previously exported fine and it's definitely something that has changed.

Having the same issue and can confirm that I am using the Mac App Store build. Would love to switch these out for the non App Store versions as this isn't the first time I've had issues with App Store versions being an issue (specifically font limit established by sandbox).

On 2/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, tophertronic said:

I think I'm having the exact same issue. Have been exporting to PDF perfectly fine, and after updating to 1.8.1 this afternoon, I'm getting loads of weird artefacts in my PDF exports. I retried exporting designs that had previously exported fine and it's definitely something that has changed.

Regarding weird artefacts you may try this: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/102280-garbled-text-on-pdf-export/

Did the trick for me in previous versions.

Apart from that: having the same issue that fonts are _always_ exported as outlines and not as "text". Using the App Store version. Would be glad to see a fix soon.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:34 PM, Sean P said:

Hi belgrowa and tophertronic,

This is something we're aware off and from our initial investigations is only affecting customers using the Mac App Store builds and not those using the Affinity Store.

Is it possible for people who bought Affinity via the App Store to get the "official" Store version without re-buying? 

54 minutes ago, jamespsullivan said:

Is it possible for people who bought Affinity via the App Store to get the "official" Store version without re-buying? 

Unfortunately, no. There is no information shared between Apple (or Microsoft) and Serif, so Serif has no way of knowing you have purchased from Apple.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

My projects are on hold, customers are waiting for project delivery, my AF files are already migrated to version 1.8 and there is no going back as hours of work have been spent. I have a valid App Store version of AF Designer and a Serif Store version of AF Designer for Windows.

In the meantime Serif could help by providing the Store version to people affected by this issue. Also seeing that I have already bought AF Designer two times, it would be "out of good will" to help people struggling with this exact issue.

I would not even have a problem if my Windows license would be converted to a macOS version. Main thing would be to finally continue work.

If nothing will be done by Serif I am forced to buy AF Designer a third time, which would be super strange tbh.

I'd appreciate help from Serif greatly. Thanks

PS1: Yes, support has been contacted already.

PS2: No, I cannot use my Windows version to work on the projects as there is no IT infrastructure in my office to support this currently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this will be fixed in the next MAS releases, which we hope to be released this week.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon