You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I started this thread because a search for “Dashed Lines” turned up  nothing.

I am having excellent results making working drawings so far. What I can not seem to find is how to turn a “Line” into a “Dashed Line” and being able to set the length of the segments and the space in-between them. For drawing with hidden lines this is a must.

I know I can create the effect using individual segments but I also know that Core Graphics has built in routines for doing exactly this.

Max

AD Ver 1.0.18771

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

Thanks MEB,

That explains why I could not find them. I do a lot of technical drawings and need to show “hidden lines”, hence the reason for the question.

Max

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.

MattP,

Understood. Critical path and all that. Because of my assumption that you might have been using Core Graphics when you are not.

Still amazed every time I use AD. Keep up the great work.

Max

• Staff

I think that if we'd been using Core Graphics we might've released a year or more ago! However, we'd be limited by it going forwards and could never adopt anything else as our rendering would change and documents would no longer draw in a consistent manner. We invested all our time and resources into the core technology to make a solid product that will be extensible and last for at least 10 years. 'Good enough' isn't good enough if you have grand plans! :)

MattP,

Only ten years? Illustrator came out in 1987. That is twenty seven years ago.

You could easily have another 30 years with a head start because what you have now is easily ten years or more ahead of where Illustrator was when it started. I was at Mac World expo in 1987 watching them demo version 1.0. You are already way ahead of that. Amazingly Illustrator was actually using the first showing of “Display PostScript” instead of QuickDraw back then.

Hopefully you will be around equally as long. Never sell yourself short.

Max

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...