You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks - Some of the most wanted Features after 1.8 launch (and 1.9... and V2)

31 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@Tsvi

Welcome to the Serif affinity forums :) 

We are aware we are missing sales, if it was easy/quick to add this it would already be in version 1. I promise we are not avoiding it for any reason other than it will take some time to add.

How many time does it require to add save\copy raw development settings?

• 6 months later...

On 3/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, tmvideo said:

How many time does it require to add save\copy raw development settings?

How much time do you have?

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

22 minutes ago, fde101 said:

?

Sorry, bad typing on my part...

23 minutes ago, fde101 said:

you seem to have missed global layers / layer tags, IDML export and color separations?

I missed a lot of things; because I am not familiar with all of the requirements people might have (IDML export... I will list it but I don't know if that's part of their plans), but thanks for listing them.

Best regards!

I am new to Affinity Creative Suit, but I am really impressed! I've been using adobe for at least 20 years, I've been paying for their subscription with no meaningful updates to justify the price tag simply because I had no other option. There are  lots of features that Affinity doesn't have yet, however they have innovated in so many ways. There are lots of things that are a lot easier to do on Affinity than in adobe.  So well done Affinity team! 

Edited by Carlos Tocchetto

@Mithferion,

do you know when footnotes/pagenotes will be released? A huge number of users are waiting for this basic functionality. I fear, if it is not coming soon, I need to change the product.  - Unfortunately.

It's nearly impossible to publish scripts, novels, books without footnotes. Why it is so difficult to implement? In PagePlus it was already in.

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to use AD as my primary vector editor. But there is so much features still missing from my last check.

There are few things, that i missing:

• Export to DWG/DXF !!!
  • Autotrace of raster image (i really do not need it there are some online solution, but i hear the call of users)
  • Switching nodes between sharp and smooth (Horrible UX, no keyoboard shortcut)
  • No shortcuts for reverse curve! 
  • SHORTCUTS! Customise shortcuts! I love it! I need it! It is how we make our work more effective.
    • For example hidding and showing a layer should be switchable with one key instead of two
    • Many functions cant be found so we cant bind them with shortcuts
  • Better selection as i mentioned in past for Publisher
  • Duplication of curves inside curve (for creating holes for example, adding some details)
  • Fix Boolean because we cant break lines easy as we can do in other apps
  • We need better array funcion (parametric copy), magic array is bad UX. Nobody knows withou previous tutorial
  • Add more funcionality to manipulate nodes (mainly inside the cure itself)
    • Joining nodes (not curves it is UX nightmare)
    • Delete segment between nodes
    • Add node in middle on segment between two nodes
    • Symmetric smooth node?
  • Not really necessary but really good - Better cloud solution to share and collaborate (iCloud on iPad is messy - i hate iCloud)
    • Add Google Drive / Mega / Dropbox
    • Add SMB, FTP or any other external storage with revision

Just few that i find out after just one hour of using AD on desktop. It is so frustrating make some easy task with AD on desktop. It is understandable for iPad version that many features are hidden or missing but desktop version should be more fluid. I will pationaly wait, but it is 3 years from my last visit and there were no real updates that will make me happy. So who knows.

Mythferion, maybe it got lost in your list since it is so obvious ;-) ...
But since the beginning of Affinity users of all apps ask to have not only workspace saved but also the (initial) and preferred setting of parameters and dialogs (tools, filters etc.)

(of course noone expects this to still come in V1.x) but I gues it would be worth mentioning in your list ;-)

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

I think there is a difference of opinion as to what "Mature software" is. New features are easy to come up with. Take a manual process that everyone is doing, and make it an automated feature. In this regard, we the users drive new features so the development team don't have to use a crystal ball to read the future and re-invent the wheel. While I despise the subscription model, I do see it more of a resource service than a new feature service. (Access to expensive fonts, regular compatibility and security patches, cloud storage, support, etc.)

When I think of mature software, I see something that has a refined workflow. No gaps in the process and allows for the basics without feeling the need for the latest and greatest automation/feature. Adobe and Corel have this maturity. The way they manage color, swatches, import/export, typography, palettes, fills, strokes, etc are consistent and not lacking (like it or hate it, the holes have been plugged)

Affinity's applications are not mature workhorses. They are filled with gaps that make them accessories, not primary production tools. Judging by the slow pace at which features we've been asking for (eg: arrow heads) has been delivered, versus the mind blowing unique features that win it awards like Apple's "Application of the Year" many years running, it's going to take about 5 years before it is a genuine workhorse and competitor to Adobe that we can all use on a daily basis.

I think running out of new ideas will be the best think for Affinity because it will force them to go back and refine what they have already done and make it truly awesome. This might even result in a fork in the product line up - a consumer and a pro version of each. The pro version will be the consumer version with better color management, customisation, proper proofing features etc and will sell for $100. Many won't appreciate these production-level features, but those of us who do, will be willing to pay the higher price.

I think we've all purchased the applications because we're hopeful of a genuine competitor in the market and it's possibly a statement to Adobe to make them pull up their socks, but realistically, they are sitting on our computers as extras. I hope Affinity puts the time into refinement, and not just features for sales.

On 10/28/2020 at 7:33 AM, XU3E said:

Joining nodes

With the node tool, select the nodes and click "Close Curve" (next to "Action:") on the context toolbar.

Delete segment between nodes

With the node tool, select the two nodes and click the "Break Curve" button (next to "Action:") on the context toolbar; that splits the segment into a separate object which you can then select and delete.

Add node in middle on segment between two nodes

If you just mean to add a node in between, simply click where you want the new node.  If you mean a "perfect" bisection of the segment, then you are correct that this is not currently provided for.

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:53 AM, fde101 said:

With the node tool, select the two nodes and click the "Break Curve" button (next to "Action:") on the context toolbar; that splits the segment into a separate object which you can then select and delete.

And now this can be done using the Node Tool, simply by pressing Ctrl + Left Click. Lovely.

Best regards!