You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.81 Boolean Operations please continue to improve

kaiwienen

Hey Affinity Team,

I think it was a bit premature to release version 1.8 and to say that the boolean functions have been greatly improved.

Here are two examples as a video of what results I get with simple operations.

Hope that the work will continue in the next few months, please!

kind regards

Kai

PS: the results of expand Strokes are really good 😉

This is a very important thing in a design program, and the affinity fails a lot in this operations, i've migrated from windows to osx and i don't like the coreldraw version for mac, but corel in this operations are very good, and i need this operations because i works a lot with vinil cut... i like affinity and i've bought the designer, but they need to improve this part to be a good software to work, not only to design, but to work with professionl cut machines like plotters or cnc...

1 hour ago, kaiwienen said:

Hope that the work will continue in the next few months, please!

Next Months? How about right effin NOW?! This must be a hotfix within days! Im literally unable to finish my work because of that! Whenever i try to use the feature it randomly takes out points of rectangular shapes and makes it curve. im in the middle of time sensitive client work to finish up the logo and cant finish it because it always produces this crap.

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 13.01.01.png

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 13.01.18.png

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

Ditto for me as well in this respect; Maybe I just need to look at whatever techniques you’ve developed to get me to something that was absolutely normal technique of overshooting brush strokes and then using white out to take off the “tips” and artifacts you did not want.

Or I can go back to illustrator. HATE that because in so many ways this is a fabulous application.