You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to search for beginning of wrapped line?

The ^ and $ in regular expressions search for begging and end of lines which are delimited by paragraph or newline characters. I want to search for the beginning or end of a line that has been wrapped by the formatting. For example, if the last word of a paragraph is the only word on that line. I can search for the last word of the paragraph, but there seems to be no way to search for the line wrap just before it.

I think the search may happen on the raw text input rather than it's post wrapped state in the text frame. It seems it will only pick up things that are physically placed into the text, such as paragraphs, frame breaks, line breaks etc. You can see a list of these if you click the search magnifying icon > Special Characters, when typing your search terms. I can't get it to detect any of  the automatic formatting at all.

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

Why are you searching for the start/end of a line of text?
I’m not saying that you are wrong to do so, I’m just curious as to why you want to do it.

Since you are curious, there is an odd grammar point in Tibetan. "Sentences" usually end with a Shad character ( ། ). If there is just the last syllable of a sentence at the beginning of a line, then the Shad character is replaced by a Rinchen Spungs Shad ( ༑ ), I suppose to indicate that it's connected to the sentence on the preceding line. So I want to be able to search for those orphaned last syllables and replace the Shad with a Rinchen Spungs Shad.