You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

StudioLink, do you still launch Designer or Photo individually ?

Just a question out of interest. Users who have Publisher and Designer/Photo, do you still launch those apps individually, or do you use Publisher as the main app and use StudioLink ?

I have all three, and I seem to have stuck in launching them individually, but I am thinking that might not be the most efficient way.

otoh, when using Publisher mainly, I seem to have lost all the persona's (panormam, develop, slicing/export...) is there a way to access those when using StudioLink ?

I generally use the individual applications if I’m fairly sure that I might only need to switch occasionally, if at all.
If I think I’ll mostly be working in vectors then I’ll open Designer.
Mostly rasters where I know I’ll need something like Live Filters? Then it will be Photo.
Multi-page document? Then it will be Publisher by default and StudioLink is there anyway.

Publisher doesn’t give you the extra Personas of Designer and Photo (Pixel, RAW, etc.) and I don’t think there’s any way for us to change that, at the moment at least.

You’re welcome.
It’s always good to question our own practices every now and again.
The amount of times I’ve found a better way of doing things just by looking/asking around is a little embarrassing.
Also, just because we’re doing things similarly doesn’t mean we’re both doing it right.