You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boolean operations broken

I have seen the same comments in the Designer Bugs forum: the boolean operation are broken in Publisher 1.8, at least for shapes.

Check out the attached video. First I combined 2 shapes, which seems OK, but when I subtract, XOR or divide, the shape breaks and straight edges become curves. It is the same when I convert the shapes to curves before the operation. However, when I create shapes with the pen tool I have not seen the same problems.

I've tried these steps with the current 1.8.1 version and I have the same strange bug. If you move the first united to rectangle, then the 3 elements are unified as expected. A bit scary though, especially for more complex form because the workaround mentionned is not a workaround but a way to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for fixing this quickly.

Nicolas

I tried it with exactly the same shapes (although I'm not sure if I had the same Z-axis hierarchy...) I can't reproduce it... for me it works. I'm on Mojave, fwiw.

edit: It only shows, if you use a circle (mine had an ellipse)

So now I CAN reproduce it.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• 2 weeks later...