Sign in to follow this  
Anstellos

Is there a way to select Highlights ?

I know you can do that in photoshop :

CMD + Click on the master "RGB" channel will select highlights. Click again will select more hightlights. is that possible with affinity ?

When I go on the channels there is no master RGB channel so I don 't know how to replicate. an idea ? I want the software to detect and select the zone withe most light.

Hi Anstellos, have you tried either:

• Select the pixel layer from the Layers tab (eg Background), then go to Select - Tonal Range - Select Highlights. This will create a selection of just the highlights.
  • Shift+CMD click the pixel layer to select areas of luminance. This will usually select more of the image than Select Highlights.

You can then add adjustments/filters/masks to manipulate these highlight areas, e.g. I like to add a gaussian blur with an Overlay blend mode which creates a really nice diffuse light effect.

Hope that helps!

Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

Shift+CMD Click was exactly what I was looking for.

is their a shortcut to do :

"

• Select the pixel layer from the Layers tab (eg Background), then go to Select - Tonal Range - Select Highlights. This will create a selection of just the highlights." 

?

I like to very fast change option :)

Was trying the Shift+Cmd click on the pixel layer...Just wasn't working.

Turns out you need to actually click on the thumbnail on the pixel layer (nowhere else on that row). Hope that helps others.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.43.12 AM.png