You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Specific File Crashes Publisher 1.8

rjbwdc

I updated to version 1.8 earlier today, and now a specific file that was working fine last week causes Affinity Publisher to abruptly shut down without an error message every time I try to load it. I get the "loading file" message in the upper right corner of the Affinity Publisher window for a few moments, and then suddenly the program disappears from my screen and from my toolbar, as though it had never been opened in the first place. I've tried opening other .afpub docs and even an .idml doc, and they opened fine. I've held down CTRL when opening the program and cleared all user preferences. I also re-ran the installer and selected "repair." Same result every time. 

Hi, I've just posted in the other thread about this, but just to comment that, for me this is not

just happening with one file, it seems to be affecting all multple page files.  (I haven't tried saving a file

once I've got it open so I don't know if that makes a difference but I don't want to have to do that with all my

older docs!)

I am having the same issue. History activated. First occurrence of crash was when using the Photo Persona and its Blemish Removal Tool. That seems to have corrupted the Publisher file.

The Beta will not open the corrupted file either.

Lenovo laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Former user of most Serif software from PagePlus 3.0 through PagePlus X9, now enjoying Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher.