You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo iPad crashes constantly

I have a brand new iPad mini 5. I have installed all updates but I am getting crashes randomly from many things. 

saving 

Moving around the image with two fingers

using smudge tool

I am currently working with EOS R RAW files and except for the crashes it seems to work well. 

edit new crashes 

selecting a different tool

crashes Happen using Apple Pencil and finger only. 

Edited by super0sonic
More data on problem

1.8 release is waiting on Apple to add to updates in the next few days. It should address many issues as the beta has been very stable.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Same here, I’ve been working on different RAW files in the develop persona. Working with the sliders seems to cause the application to crash in 1.8, even before i attempt to develop.  Sometimes if i am lucky i’ll be ok, but usually it crashes within 5 minutes. I’ve just moved to the current public beta of 13.4, however no luck on my ipad air 3. Hoping this becomes stable again soon so I can work on some more shots from our recent trip :) 

I’ve been having the same problems with crashes. Occurs most often during image processing after making an edit. Frustrating because I have to go back and reapply the edits. I’ve worked around the problem a bit by more frequently applying a change (it would be saving on a PC or MAC), but Photo still crashes. 

I’m running on the current iPad Air. Current iPadOS.