You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom and Windows Ink

Mrty76

20 hours ago, Ladmen said:

you can't rearange them also, it is  such a pain in the ars still.

You can change the order of your brushes in the Brushes panel. Just drag them on the list and drop them where you want them. What you can't change however is the order of your brush collection, so your custom set of brushes will always be at the very bottom of the list.

20 hours ago, Ladmen said:

Making straight lines should be easier also, with some shortcut.

You already can. Holding down shift when drawing produces straight lines. One problem when trying to create straight lines that aren't 90 degree angles is that when you use your tablet pen to create with 100% pen pressure L clicks, the stroke will apply a fade on it when the line should be 100% opacity with no line width variation. It's really odd.

Well yes I can rearange but only partially, like you said, I can't change brush colletions and put them in order, when you have 20 of them you want to be quick and have this option. Also I don't have any control  how they do appears - for example choosing between text or display icons only - i can change the name of the brush but it still will be displayed as an number : 80, 89 not as a name as far I don't choose settings of particular brush.. at least if I could change this numbers could help to reaarange them better. I would love to see the software tweaked more for digital painting.  I have cheked the straight lines - yes it works fine now, before I had some probelms.

Hello everbody,

I had the same problem as Mrty76i found a solution for me that may could help you too. I disabled the Windows Ink Box under Preferences -> Tools in Affinity Photo and left the box in the Wacom Pen Settings, Enable Windows Ink, checked. That solved the problem for me. I have pen pressure and can zoom in and out, change brush size with alt ect.

I m running the latest affinity photo version and i m using a wacom intous pro m

Maybe that helps :)

Edited by vdevvil
forgot something to say

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:49 AM, vdevvil said:

Hello everbody,

I had the same problem as Mrty76i found a solution for me that may could help you too. I disabled the Windows Ink Box under Preferences -> Tools in Affinity Photo and left the box in the Wacom Pen Settings, Enable Windows Ink, checked. That solved the problem for me. I have pen pressure and can zoom in and out, change brush size with alt ect.

I m running the latest affinity photo version and i m using a wacom intous pro m

Maybe that helps :)

Hello,

This solution also worked just fine for me and resolve all of my my brushe-crashes problems too. I´m working with a xp pen artist tablet. Thanks vdevvil!

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, _Bluebug said:

Please disable or fix the windows Ink problem. Please.

1.7 was best.

But it's been fixed already. In Preferences->Tools you can disable Windows Ink for the Affinity-apps. When you use a wacom driver you can disable Windows ink there, too. Sarper explained it in detail: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/107942-wacom-and-windows-ink/&do=findComment&comment=597814

Or doesn't this work for you, though?

• 4 weeks later...

A HUGE THANK YOU TO DEVS for making WinTab an option instead of Windows Ink. Like the trouble others were having with Windows Ink, I had to choose either no pressure input and still have my right click and other clicks working, or have pressure input working while my right click and other clicks would NOT work. So frustrating; I absolutely HATE Windows Ink because of these incessant glitches. As said before, the fix in Affinity Designer 1.8.3+ and Affinity Photo 1.8.3+ was Edit>Preferences>Tools> DISABLE "Use Windows Ink for tablet input". I also disabled WIndows Ink in my Huion tablet driver settings. Everything works perfectly now, and I am very grateful to the devs for helping us here. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now how do we address the Windows Ink gliches? Do we need to write Microsoft a letter?