You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD Mockup embed image problem

mykee

20 minutes ago, Wosven said:

I had time to check: in fact, it's the same object embedded multiple times. Each click on the embedded object open the same .psb file.

Wow! Nice find!

And I think this feature is no problem with @carl123 trick:

• if need change ALL items to same, then will change in Photo,
  • if need different change to each, then I will open with Photo first, and in next step Edit in Publisher or Designer. 

I tested on bottles:

• opened embedded image of Right bottle in Photo, and renamed a layer. When opened Middle bottle and check same layer, there is renamed layer. Worked as same objects.
  • opened in Publisher, and rename embedded layer in Left bottle, but under Middle bottle not changed. Worked as different embedded objects.

Great find! Thank you!

41 minutes ago, mykee said:

And I think this feature is no problem with @carl123 trick:

• if need change ALL items to same, then will change in Photo,
  • if need different change to each, then I will open with Photo first, and in next step Edit in Publisher or Designer. 

However, Photo and Publisher should operate on documents the same way. So I would say that there's a bug here given that they don't.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi mykee,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. I've been quite busy with several things to check/test since 1.8 launch .
The problem is not with Affinity Photo but with the way the psd was built in Photoshop. The results you are getting in Affinity Photo are the same you would get in Photoshop (as Wosven already pointed out).
The Edit in Publisher/Designer "trick" is actually a bug. Somehow the link between the various smart objects/embedded objects is lost when you switch to Publisher/Designer which may lead to unexpected results. You can easily check this switching the file to Publisher or Designer and changing the "Kute" text in the right bottle to something else (i've written SOAP in this example). As you can see in the screenshot below since the "link" to the Right Bottle Content Effects embedded document/smart object was also lost (along with the links to the other bottles) the faded "shadow" behind the main text didn't follow the changes and still says "Kute". This is not how this is intended to work. I'm logging it to be looked at. Thanks for your report.

screenshot.jpg