You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Topaz AI Plugins

pixartia

Trying out the new Topaz deNoise AI 2.4.1

Works stand alone okay, but trying to invoke via Affinity Photo Filter( Photoshop plugin) get an Error

Processing Error - DeNoise AI model is missing or corrupt.

Sometimes with (TF) and once with (VINOFP32)

Mac is Catalina 10.15.7

Affinity 1.8.6 ( From AppStore I believe )

Nil plugin Filters are working fine,

3 minutes ago, Craig Bell said:

Topaz plug-ins won’t work on AppStore bought AP.. you have to re-buy AP direct from Serif website for them to work... 

AppStore AP is sandboxed and won’t let Topaz apps work. ☹️☹️☹️

Then Serif should make the Serif website version available FREE for people who can show they have a valid Appstore version.

28 minutes ago, Craig Bell said:

Topaz plug-ins won’t work on AppStore bought AP.. you have to re-buy AP direct from Serif website for them to work... 

AppStore AP is sandboxed and won’t let Topaz apps work. ☹️☹️☹️

I downloaded a Trial version and this works - So I confirm that the problem is with the App Store version, but I am NOT paying twice on principle.

I don't use this because of many reasons but here is a good one from the Topaz website:

"Please note, ON1, Capture One, Serif Affinity, Corel PaintShop Pro, Skylum Lumiar 3 are not fully supported."

emphasis added by me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I don't use this because of many reasons but here is a good one from the Topaz website:

"Please note, ON1, Capture One, Serif Affinity, Corel PaintShop Pro, Skylum Lumiar 3 are not fully supported."

emphasis added by me.

Hi Bruce,

I'm sorry to say that but effectively you're trying to play down with your comment. There are TWO versions of the same application with different functionality. But Affinity doesn't recognise that fact. 

That's the real issue, but not at all that what Topaz is claiming on its website.

It is nothing to do with Topaz. Purely a Serif / Apple AppStore issue.  Apple sandbox all apps to stop 3rd party apps from corrupting their apps/systems .  It’s a good thing really all for our safety but unfortunately not for us in this instance . The only way around this is using Serif website downloaded AP.

9 minutes ago, Craig Bell said:

It is nothing to do with Topaz. Purely a Serif / Apple AppStore issue.  Apple sandbox all apps to stop 3rd party apps from corrupting their apps/systems .  It’s a good thing really all for our safety but unfortunately not for us in this instance . The only way around this is using Serif website downloaded AP.

Hi Craig,

you’re absolutely right, but it seems that you haven’t understood the issue: Affinity has never mentioned that these versions are different. That’s the problem. 
I don’t know but undoubtedly there are the people who don’t care if they’re paying twice for the same thing. I do care.

54 minutes ago, pixartia said:

Affinity has never mentioned that these versions are different.

(It has been mentioned several times in these forums!)

To be honest this seems to be more of an issue with Apple, rather than with Serif, as it applies to all apps purchased from the Apple AppStore. Surely it would be more appropriate to ask Apple for a refund, as their version of APhoto is not working to your satisfaction, rather than asking Serif to give you a free copy of it.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

44 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

To be honest this seems to be more of an issue with Apple, rather than with Serif, as it applies to all apps purchased from the Apple AppStore. Surely it would be more appropriate to ask Apple for a refund, as their version of APhoto is not working to your satisfaction, rather than asking Serif to give you a free copy of it.

Maybe you couldn't see the difference, but It's not about these forums, it's about a Affinity's irresponsible false advertising PaulEC.

That what it is and I hope that now it's clear for you?

3 hours ago, pixartia said:

Hi Craig,

you’re absolutely right, but it seems that you haven’t understood the issue: Affinity has never mentioned that these versions are different. That’s the problem. 
I don’t know but undoubtedly there are the people who don’t care if they’re paying twice for the same thing. I do care.

I fully understand the issue thanks.. that’s why I have mine sorted, for free!! It’s completely out of Serif’s hand on the Apple platform.. Yes you are right it should be mentioned in the AppStore ad when you are buying it, but they prob can’t list every eventuality,  but it isn’t stated...

Maybe if you asked nicely, as I did,  instead of whinging you may get it sorted for free also??

just a thought..

54 minutes ago, Craig Bell said:

I fully understand the issue thanks.. that’s why I have mine sorted, for free!! It’s completely out of Serif’s hand on the Apple platform.. Yes you are right it should be mentioned in the AppStore ad when you are buying it, but they prob can’t list every eventuality,  but it isn’t stated...

Maybe if you asked nicely, as I did,  instead of whinging you may get it sorted for free also??

just a thought..

Thank you for your suggestion Craig. I would prefer to ask them for a copy instead of whining here, but I don't see the right way I can do it.

I have supposed that someone here could pay attention to my issue (like for example MEB - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/profile/59-meb/), but unfortunately they don't.

Could you please share with me your personal workaround, how you got it sorted out? It could be great. Thank you in advance.

5 hours ago, PaulEC said:

To be honest this seems to be more of an issue with Apple, rather than with Serif,

Yes and no. Yes Apple requires any app sold in its store to meet specific security protocols. But it's up to Serif whether it wishes to do that or not. And as I mentioned earlier, it's not like it can't be done. The DxO Nik plugins work just fine (well other than the color management issue that is but that's not an Apple App vs Serif site version issue). So I don't know if this falls on Serif's shoulders or Topaz.

Unfortunately it's a catch 22. Serif only guarantees it's program to run on Apple OS (and it does) and Topaz only gaurantees their plug-ins are Adobe certified (I no longer use Adobe products but from what I read from other it appears to work in PS). Actually I just took advantage of Serif's Covid half price sale and discovered I much prefer the Nik plug-ins over Topaz anyway! Now if they can only sort out the color management issue!

On 1/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, Craig Bell said:

just a thought..

Hi Craig,

just asked about a free license replacement, but Serif remains inexorable and turns a deaf ear to my entreaties.

So PITY for such a good project to be so indifferent to its customers...

Instead of whinging I've been divided by zero.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:19 PM, Old Bruce said:

emphasis added by me.

not fully supported is NOT the same as not supported. For the App Store version is not working that is not the same as not fully supported.

• Staff

Hi pixartia (and everyone),
Nobody is ignoring you. Various plugins work with the Affinity Store version and we do provide an Authorize button (in Preferences, Photoshop Plugins) so the app can access external resources. But we are limited on what we can do here when there's third party apps involved as well as restrictions imposed by sandboxing environments. The best advise i can give you is to contact Apple support directly, explain the reasons why the app isn't doing what you need it to regarding third party dependencies/apps and request a refund.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Nobody is ignoring you. Various plugins work with the Affinity Store version and we do provide an Authorize button (in Preferences, Photoshop Plugins) so the app can access external resources. But we are limited on what we can do here when there's third party apps involved as well as restrictions imposed by sandboxing environments. The best advise i can give you is to contact Apple support directly, explain the reasons why the app isn't doing what you need it to regarding third party dependencies/apps and request a refund.

Anybody know how to follow the above advice? Apples info suggests to claim a refund on a product bought from the App Store go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
I have done that but only recently purchased produces are listed, so I cannot get any further. I bought Affinity Photo and Designer from the App Store quite some time ago.
(I have a Publisher version I got direct from Serif)

Just tried the latest version of Affinity-Photo from the App-Store, which became available to today, problem is still present. Got a popup from DeNoise to say an update was available, installed update problem is still present.

Now at Affinity Photo 1.9.0 Topaz DeNoise AI v2.4.2 

• Staff

Hi @keithsloan,
Try starting from this link. If the request a refund option goes to the same page you get when you go to through the reportaproblem.apple.com link (and it probably will) select he option "topic not listed" or similar instead so you are forced to go through a form where you can pick one the topics/suggestions based on what you have write in the form or select to enter in contact with (a person from) the Apple Support - it's this one you're interested in so you can explain the issue.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi @keithsloan,
Try starting from this link. If the request a refund option goes to the same page you get when you go to through the reportaproblem.apple.com link (and it probably will) select he option "topic not listed" or similar instead so you are forced to go through a form where you can pick one the topics/suggestions based on what you have write in the form or select to enter in contact with (a person from) the Apple Support - it's this one you're interested in so you can explain the issue.

Have tried that only 139 characters to describe the problem, not enough but can elaborate more if they contact.

6 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi MEB,

sorry to say that, but your answer looks so pathetic and absolutely meaningless at the same time. It floods the main topic - bad advertising. 

It's a kind of wishful thinking from your part and it is not the very best way to help. Serif is not Adobe, don't forget that fact please.

Meanwhile the app description on the Apple App Store still doesn't contain any disclaimer that the AppStore and Website versions are at least not the same product with the absolutely same price.

Customers are betrayed, that's the topic. If you don't mind...

A month ago I downloaded the APhoto beta consumer 1.9.. I installed Topaz Denoise and Topaz Sharpen as plugin, and they worked perfectly!

However, now I have downloaded the final 1.9 version through the Apple store update, and they don't work anymore. How come they worked in the betaversion and not in the final one? 

I don't mind buying it again from your website, but I'd like to be sure that it will work. Can you confirm that?

Best regards

Jasmine De Beuckelaer

Screenshot_2021-02-04_at_21_21_17.thumb.png.ece0dbcba7d6a84875dab4fa02320d23.pngScreenshot_2021-02-04_at_21_21_40.png

Screenshot_2021-02-04_at_21_21_54.png