You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clean Install of AP1.8 on a Mac

After unsucessfully trying to include NIK 2.5 in AP1.8 I tried to delete AP1.8 from my MAC and do a new, clean install. I tried several ways to make NIK running in AP without any success. Especially bad after NIK 2.3 was running under AP1.7.3.

But after deleting AP1.8 and reinstalling through the App-Center still all changes are still there. 

May question is now, how can I do a complete deinstallation for AP so I can reinstall it without any changes, no Macros, no prevalues and especially no Plugins.

I am running a MacBook Pro with Catalina. THX for any help

Bild 26.02.20 um 20.11.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Pattebaer,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is a known issue that affects the Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo - currently photoshop plugins don't run there. We already submitted a fix/update to the Mac App Store that should be available shortly/fix these issues. We're sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. If you want to reset the app entirely, press and hold ctrl while launching the app until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Check/tick all the checkboxes and press Clear. Note you will loose all customizations, brushes, macros, assets etc you have made/imported to the app. Also note the reset will NOT fix the plugins issue - you will have to update the app for that.

Thanks for reporting it.

With the new Version 1.8.1 the NIK-Collection is working now. Thanks for that. But I still have an issue, that ColorEfex and AanalogEfex are not listed within "Filter" -> "Plugins" -> NIK-Collection".

The install-windows for the plugins look like this and both filters are marked in red "Globale Unterstützung".

How can I manage to get rid of this problem? Especially ColorEfex is one of the most used filters. 

713068449_Bild27_02.20um18_25.jpeg.23fcb7b0dacac587746ac10346d6a77d.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Pattebaer,
In the Plugin Support Folders section (right side on bottom in your screenshot) remove the existing path you have there, click the Authorize Global button once, then click the Authorise button again in the Finder dialog that will open. Close the Preferences, restart Affinity Photo and those two plugins should work correctly.