John Mevis

Update 1.8 is worst update | damn Publisher spoils the entire line of Affinity

update 1.8 worst update that came out. With this damn publisher you completely stopped improving your main products Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer. They need so many general tool for comfortable work without using third-party tools. And you decided to forces on development of a Publisher. Thank you for it. You have great applications but you develop them terribly. Of course, what I wrote is complete nonsense and who I am to tell you what to do. But I wrote it for some reason. Thanks for attention. Peace and Love

Even if Designer got less features than Photo, and Photo got fewer new things than Publisher, they got good things. For Designer, I’m hlad they finally started improving the Expand Stroke function, the better performance for PDF files generated from CAD programs and better results with boolean operations.

Feels like 1.7.4 instead of 1.8.0? Yes. Is it a bad update? Nope. Would like to have the Smart Objects import? Yes.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

I disagree. APub does not 'spoil the entire line of Affinity' it enhances it and brings all three programs together. At least for me it has improved my workflow.

d.

Affinity Designer 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.650)   |   Affinity Photo 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.650)   |   Affinity Publisher 1.8.2.620 (beta 1.8.4.651)
Affinity Designer for iPad 1.8.2   |   Affinity Photo for iPad 1.8.2

Windows 10 (1809) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

We can't all agree on the same points. I just tested APub 1.8 on my old document and it still can't handle a colour profile from my printer (which contains an accented letter)... how interesting for a "professional" software.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 1909) - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

3 minutes ago, PatrickM said:

it still can't handle a colour profile from my printer (which contains an accented letter)

Up to now I never saw a colour profile containing an accented letter. How interesting for a "professional" printer not complying to simple cross-platform naming conventions. I might be wrong, but I guess you do not want to use Affinity applications anymore?

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Up to now I never saw a colour profile containing an accented letter. How interesting for a "professional" printer not complying to simple cross-platform naming conventions.

Thanks for your concern.

Certainly in English or German but can we still be so affirmative nowadays, wasn't it true some time ago (when it was not advisable to use such characters)? I have no control on this point and it is true that this printer (very effective for his Art book printing work) deals with users of Adobe and QXP software and their colours profiles work well with these software.

As I wrote earlier here, I think this issue needs to be addressed since it is likely that this type of problem will appear again in the future (French language, you know...). I had reported this profile problem a year or more ago for APh.

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

I might be wrong, but I guess you do not want to use Affinity applications anymore?

I'm indeed still angry with myself for having put too much trust in this software (I've been waiting for a year to be able to use it, finalize my work and not return a CC subscription), software that I can't use. This doesn't mean that I regret having used Aff apps and that I give up using them forever. I’m not so obtuse as to think so… For now, by the way, I still continue to use APh for some tasks. I also have some documents that I designed with APub and I don't want to redo them with/in AI or ID (these are quite small documents with a classic sRGB profile, then no problem in APub).

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (ver. 1909) - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go