You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Combining shapes not working properly

fernand0n

I get the same error 😑

... but only in that scenario of what I tried so far.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• Staff

Hi fernand0n,

Thanks for letting us know - Ill get this passed on. I found that after snapping the shapes if I just nudged one very slightly (0.1mm) it stopped the operation failing - I understand this isn't acceptable in all cases where accuracy is required.

I just rolled back to 1.7.3 after reports of failing boolean operations and gradients. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Hi, I'm experiencing a similar problem and I'd like to know the ETA for this fix. This is a very fundamental tool for my work, so it will be great if guys could fix it sooner!

image.thumb.png.bc38934474b1b1b15c19f0e9d029cf6c.png

Something similar happens to normal curves that are not expanded from a stroke. See image below for reference:
image.thumb.png.f0d84e9b5085a6fb5a14685598e8b7df.png

Hi there!

@MattP Doing some testing, I found something very peculiar...

• I have some Artboards, and on the Firs one, I have each letter as a separate object (converted the texto to Curves from a Frame Text)
  • Then, I proceeded to do the Add operation
  • Finally, I made the same, but removing all of the shapes originated from the Serif Font

image.png.1e632dafbb6e7a34b00d4f21bdff1d2e.png

It looks like it will suffer by having mostly primitive shapes, because when having more complex shapes, even the Add Operation, works as expected.

I attached the test file.

Best regards!

Add Test 1.afdesign

Hi!

Just to let you know that this scenario is working good on Windows, on Beta 1.8.1.604.

image.png.0d51b8be8ef0f6f2d1da23bc13842327.png

Best regards!