You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP 1.8 missing from app store

• Staff

Hi TomM1 :)

Please open the Mac App Store App and go to the Updates page. If the updates are not showing, go to Store > Reload page. This should hopefully force the updates to show.

If you're still unable to see the updates, please log out of the Mac App Store, then restart your Mac. Once restarted, reopen the Mac App Store and sign in using the same details used to originally purchase the app, then follow the procedure above.

Please do let me know if this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I had the same problem as OP, decided to open Affinity Photo and immediately received notification to upgrade???

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

43 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi TomM1 :)

Please open the Mac App Store App and go to the Updates page. If the updates are not showing, go to Store > Reload page. This should hopefully force the updates to show.

If you're still unable to see the updates, please log out of the Mac App Store, then restart your Mac. Once restarted, reopen the Mac App Store and sign in using the same details used to originally purchase the app, then follow the procedure above.

Please do let me know if this helps!

These did not work.

Updates are not available through my app or order history on serif.com.

AP appears in my Purchases in the app store but not as an update.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this, you won't be able to download Mac App Store updates through serif.com - this must be done through the app store.

Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world which can mean it may take up to 72 hours for your update to be available - so please do be patient!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

19 minutes ago, TomM1 said:

14 hours and counting is a new record for me.

May I ask if you opened App Store, Update and then open AP.  The process immediately ask me if I wanted to update to 1.8.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

57 minutes ago, Cecil said:

May I ask if you opened App Store, Update and then open AP.  The process immediately ask me if I wanted to update to 1.8.

That has no effect. I think it is there in the app store or it's not.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

I had the same issue on the US App Store both for iPad AP and desktop version for MacOS.    Since I wouldn't get a notification for the update, I search for the app using the App Store search.  Once I found it, I clicked on it as if to read reviews (don't click on Open cause it'll open the old version).  Once you're on the full page of the app, you'll see   the Update button instead of the Open button.  Installed both this way.

8 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I had the same issue on the US App Store both for iPad AP and desktop version for MacOS.    Since I wouldn't get a notification for the update, I search for the app using the App Store search.  Once I found it, I clicked on it as if to read reviews (don't click on Open cause it'll open the old version).  Once you're on the full page of the app, you'll see   the Update button instead of the Open button.  Installed both this way.

There is no update button on the desktop version of the app store.

website

1 hour ago, applewoodj said:

Didn't see any updates either. Ended up going to the purchased tab in the app store, found both affinity photo and designer, and they both had install buttons instead of open. Hit the install button and the new version installed.

That worked for me too. The update never did appear under Updates.

website