You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8 Font substitution

plangero

Every time I open update 1.8 the fonts in my publication are a mess.  Not only are the fonts substituted throughout the publication but also the font names do not tally with the font shown.  Publisher also takes a lot longer to load.

What is going on and how soon can this be fixed?  My publication is due to be at the printers in a weeks time.

Another problem is that Publisher, Designer and Photo often shut down after the splash screen has appeared.  At the moment, Publisher is continually shutting down after the splash screen although it will probably start after I have re-booted my PC., as it has done in the past.

Just to let you know that out of ten tries trying to start Publisher 1.8  this morning it only started properly twice.  Unfortunately on these two occasions the fonts were all different to the ones chosen for the publication.   On the other eight tries the programme crashed after the splash screen.

I hope you can help.

Publisher is a great application which I enjoy using and the new features are very good, so I hope my issues can be resolved.

As reported in another thread, I have this problem too. Usually Publisher 1.8 crashes on startup. Sometimes it opens but many of the fonts are incorrect (I think this applies mainly to TrueType?). This occurs on one Win10 PC. When I installed it on another Win10 PC, the problem did not occur. On the problematic PC I also have Designer and Photo installed plus the free font bundle that came with Publisher. On the non-problem PC, the only Affinity software is Publisher and I don't have any of the font bundles.

Huw

Could you please tell me how I can roll back to version 1.7.3 as the 1.8 version of Publisher, Designer & Photo do not work at the moment and I need to finalise the publication I am working on.

I have tried running the 1.7.3 .exe file I have but it will not install as it is an "update" file. Well, I think that is the problem with it.

Many thanks.

• Staff

Just to let you know that out of ten tries trying to start Publisher 1.8  this morning it only started properly twice.

We are looking into an issue where some fonts seem to be causing the program to fail to launch. If you could upload the 1.0 folder located in %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher it will allow me to clarify if what you are experiencing is what we are aware of.

I have tried running the 1.7.3 .exe file I have but it will not install as it is an "update" file. Well, I think that is the problem with it.

If you uninstall 1.8 first it should then be fine to run the 1.7.3 installer

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hello Jon,  thanks for replying.  I seem to be only able to upload files, and the attached is what is in the 1.0 folder, although I'm not sure if it's what you want...

Yesterday I downloaded 1.8 from my account and installed it on an old laptop and a PC, both running Windows 10.  Neither had any Affinity software installed.  I ran Publisher on a try-out basis and it ran perfectly on both machines.  Today I clicked on the Publisher icon on my work PC and it ran perfectly, so I was able to work on my publication.  When I eventually closed Publisher I tried starting it twice and both times it was OK with no problems regarding fonts.  I've no idea why it should work OK today as I hadn't changed anything between yesterday and today.  No idea if this will continue of course, as there is obviously a problem somewhere.

Paul

licence.xml

I have found the correct folder that you want. How can I send you the folder as I only have the option to upload files here?

Apologies for my ignorance.....

Today, Publisher seems to have regressed to loading the wrong fonts again... 😞

• Staff

Hi @plangero,

We are currently investigating reports of crash on run up related to some fonts and how it appears jumbled for some people, unfortunately even with customers fonts we are struggling to see it internally, but we are looking into it.

It looks like you went to program data instead of application data though. If you type %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\ into the run prompt it should open a folder, if you can zip up the 1.0 folder there and upload it to this link it will help.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com