You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi lewo :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, unfortunately, we’re aware of a couple of issues with the latest 1.8 update for Affinity Designer purchased through the Mac App Store. We hope to have a fix released later today which will be available through the Mac App Store.

In the meantime, this can be easily fixed by downloading and running PresetsFix.dmg. When the Affinity window opens, please follow the onscreen instructions. If they do not work for you, please double left click the Resources folder, this will open the Resources folder in a new Window. Now drag the Defaults.plist into the Resources folder - you will now be asked to Authenticate. Once authenticated, the file will copy across. When you next open Affinity Designer, it will no longer crash when using the Pixel Persona and the Undo Limits & Recovery Interval setting will show the correct value.

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I spent multiple hours today trying to figure out what I had done to lose Undo/Redo and History.  After replacing the Defaults.plist file in the Resources folder those functions are again available to me but I seem to have lost the ability to select objects in the workspace by clicking on them.  I can still select them but have to select from the list of objects in the Layer Panel.  Was this a result of the new Defaults.plist file?

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi paulohill,

Welcome to the forums :)

This isn't caused by updating the defaults.plist as I've not had this reported elsewhere and I cannot replicate this issue currently. Could you please provide a screenshot of your Affinity app with the Layers Studio visible? Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Undo Brush is not working properly for me on windows even when the Undo Limit is set to non-zero (for me it is set to 1024). So, for example I add an Black&White Adjustment Layer then it will show up in the History window like it should. But the Undo Brush won't do anything on the picture. When I go back to the start position in the history (so that the pic is colored again) then the Undo Brush will paint the Black&White back again.

In my opinion that is not how it should work or am I completely wrong?

Regards

Chris

• Staff

Hi googol :)

The Undo Brush is designed to undo any Pixel changes to an image, if you've simply added a Black and White adjustment layer to your document, this actually draws over the original pixels and does not physically change their values, which is why the brush isn't working for you.

If you want to change an image to be Black and White, then selectively recolour using the Undo brush you'll need to Merge the adjustment layer with your pixel layer - which will physically change the pixels values. Now, the Undo Brush will work as expected. I've attached a quick screen recording below for you -

I hope this helps!