You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi mwildancahya,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You are not doing anything wrong, I'm seeing the same issues here with both the star and double start shape tools. Thanks for reporting it. I'm logging this to be looked at.
If you happen to stumble upon more cases like this let us know please.
Thanks.

I can't get the attachment.

No it install over it (or it uninstals itself, not sure how it works)

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

please check my video.

https://www.loom.com/share/e59a0a36a6ea4337aaa517b2b698b761

21 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi mwildancahya,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
You are not doing anything wrong, I'm seeing the same issues here with both the star and double start shape tools. Thanks for reporting it. I'm logging this to be looked at.
If you happen to stumble upon more cases like this let us know please.
Thanks.

This also happens to me.

Best regards!

P. S.: Noticed that by deforming the shape in some way, before expanding, gets the expected result on the modified parts:

image.png.a02f496bb2eadd6aa700065135fc9c76.png

• Staff

The first issue with straight lines was reported here and it's already logged. I'm building a sample from your second video (pressure profiles) to add to our log. Whenever possible please attach the original afdesign files. Thank you for your feedback/samples GarryP. Much appreciated.

5 hours ago, affilou said:

This is what happens to Font when I Align Stroke to Outside, Convert to Curves and Expand Stroke.

Thanks 

Expand Stroke issue.JPG

Same as im getting i have to take it all to corel draw add contour then i may or may not take it back to affinity depend if i can be bothered to export and reopen again.

Least have the other software there just in case (getting used more at the min) 

• Staff

I'm really sorry about this - it seems we had a bug lurking with very simple shapes (those which contained line segments and horizontal/vertical edges). I have now fixed this issue and we'll get Beta builds out asap to address this problem for everyone. Please accept my sincere apologies for this :(

Thanks MattP...much appreciated..These things happen!...and thanks for all the hard work so far from you and the rest of the team....and resolving it so quickly...:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I'm really sorry about this - it seems we had a bug lurking with very simple shapes (those which contained line segments and horizontal/vertical edges). I have now fixed this issue and we'll get Beta builds out asap to address this problem for everyone. Please accept my sincere apologies for this :(

No to worry these things happen will just run 1.7 till there is a fix out thanks for getting back to us

On 2/29/2020 at 1:12 PM, MattP said:

Thank you MattP,

I will wait for the fix and thank you for all your hard work!

30 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Not completely:

Well, I was refering that specific use test.

31 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Multiple stroked objects should give a choice to expand stroke upon selected stroke instead of all strokes in the appearance panel.

This is more like a Request, and some ideas came to my mind. Maybe I will write something later.

Best regards!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Expand Stroke: expand operation fails with Start Tool and Double Star Tool [and other shapes]) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you,

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Expand Stroke: expand operation fails with Start Tool and Double Star Tool [and other shapes]) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you,

No hasn't been fix but i have just seen a update today so lets hope its fixed now that would be great :D

Just seen you were referring to the update and yes thank you its does seen to be fixed now right side are welded with no problems (E) was the worst absolutely great thanks can start using it for my workflow again :D

Hated not using Affinity for work as i like almost everything about it but that bug was a killer for me thanks again for fixing it. 

Annotation 2020-04-04 070222.png